Buy a Fisker or Wait for Karma Automotive? - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2016, 02:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorrill View Post
I've had no problems with 530. Solved what it was supposed to, and nothing seems newly kooky to me since I got it. I got to spend a couple hours last week with the managers setting up the new factory. What I learned was the new Karmas will have only a limited number of improvements. The EV & total range will be the same (though the HV battery will be different and it should charge faster). The engine will be the same. The screen & dash displays will be updated. And, the car will have (ADAS) Driver Assist Braking/Cruise Following. The RDM/Traction motors should be more reliable (which seems like the minimum they can do). The quality checking will be much higher. You can order it in a large range of colors (but many of the existing colors will not be available). The car may have some slight facia variances from the 2012 cars on the front/back bumpers -- though they had no examples for us to see. It will have new wheels that are the same size as ours, and a new tire choice (which we can opt for if we want on our existing cars). It will have down-rated brakes unless you pay extra. And, they are planning a fairly limited number production run for 2017 (100-150 cars). The price is not set, but last we heard was ~$135K. Does any of that information help?

VERY helpful my good sir! I actually really liked that they weren't straying too far from the '12 model, instills confidence that the fisker karma that was released is exactly what they had hoped it to be! At the current pricing and have the original Fisker badge, that would be the one I see as more desirable. Thank you so much for the info! I'm always checking back to this site once or every other day to see what's going on
jasonton87 is offline   Reply With Quote