Infotainment Upgrade Idea - Page 16 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2017, 10:29 PM   #151 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Our first units have been sent out to early-adopter customers, once we get feedback; we will open up general orders.
Two more months have gone by. Any updates on general availability for your Touch Screen upgrade @PowerSource?

(Please, please, please!)
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:34 PM   #152 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

We are not allowed to advertise or speak about our products due to not having vendor status on this site.

You can email us directly if you have interest in our products but we will not be communicating through this forum per the TOS.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:39 AM   #153 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

When did this change and does not make a lot of sense to me. It is not like there are a lot of vendors out there for the Karma and all it does is make it more difficult for the members of the forum.
2012 Karma Deep Ocean #844
Shane850 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2017, 04:36 AM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane850 View Post
When did this change and does not make a lot of sense to me. It is not like there are a lot of vendors out there for the Karma and all it does is make it more difficult for the members of the forum.
see this recent thread posted

https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/98-...dor-rules.html
Old 07-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #155 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Thanks for the link and it is interesting it is so recent as "venders" for the Karma are not beating down the door. I have emailed you for more information.
2012 Karma Deep Ocean #844
Shane850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:29 AM   #156 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage

There has been a lot of 'car play' in-dash receiver deals over the past few weeks (like this 7" Pioneer at Best Buy $200 off to $500: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer...?skuId=5723520).

Would love to get a usable gps/map, and otherwise integrate iPhone functions (siri, phone, etc.) with something like this, but I've been waiting to see the PowerSource solution first, since I don't think* I'd be able to retain all the necessary diagnostic/car information with anything I buy at BestBuy.

PowerSource: Is this still a project you are working on? If so, any guess on a date?

*Is this correct? Am I basically prohibited from buying ANY off-the-shelf CarPlay device, because I'd have to first remove the existing screen with all its necessary information on the car - like "tire pressure low", etc.?
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:47 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
There has been a lot of 'car play' in-dash receiver deals over the past few weeks (like this 7" Pioneer at Best Buy $200 off to $500: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer...?skuId=5723520).

Would love to get a usable gps/map, and otherwise integrate iPhone functions (siri, phone, etc.) with something like this, but I've been waiting to see the PowerSource solution first, since I don't think* I'd be able to retain all the necessary diagnostic/car information with anything I buy at BestBuy.

PowerSource: Is this still a project you are working on? If so, any guess on a date?

*Is this correct? Am I basically prohibited from buying ANY off-the-shelf CarPlay device, because I'd have to first remove the existing screen with all its necessary information on the car - like "tire pressure low", etc.?

Waiting on more orders, very few people interested in second batch. We already shipped out our first batch and waiting on the next set of orders before we produce more. We are concentrating some of our efforts on a flash for the existing CIU since Fisker owners generally seem to be cheapskates
Old 12-19-2017, 01:41 PM   #158 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage

That raises a lot of questions, beginning with “there was a first batch?!” I signed up months and months ago and never heard anything, so maybe any lack of interest is in part due to genuine ignorance?

The second obvious question is: how much did this end up being priced for?

Also how many were sold?

If any board members bought one, please let us know how it’s going.
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
That raises a lot of questions, beginning with “there was a first batch?!” I signed up months and months ago and never heard anything, so maybe any lack of interest is in part due to genuine ignorance?

The second obvious question is: how much did this end up being priced for?

Also how many were sold?

If any board members bought one, please let us know how it’s going.
We showed the beta unit almost a year ago at the San Francisco meet and had our first run of beta batches delivered to local customers. At the volumes required for viable production i.e. 3x more than those currently signed up, it seems unlikely a second standalone batch will occur anytime soon. Good news is if we receive significantly more interest- in the future- we can fulfill that demand.

We also have our battery program ramping up; which we bundle with the infotainment & TOM.

Right now, we are continuing to support our existing customers and work on a flash for the existing CIU that will hopefully improve many of the issues. This will be much cheaper for those value conscious owners.

At the risk of getting banned from the site for not being a sponsor, if you have specific questions you can email and we can discuss over that.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:18 PM   #160 (permalink)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)

Make it happen!

Why are you calling the Forum members being cheapskate?
I've seen the unit in SF in February. I am waiting for it ever since! I presented my willingness in several email and PMs.

I never got an offer for the CIU replacement, so I'm at least unable to show any stinginess...

I don't see the unit or any pricing options on your web site.

Maybe some other members are feeling the same...
What would be the best channel to show interest?
Original Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote