Infotainment Upgrade Idea - Page 14 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2017, 12:46 PM   #131 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

If my CIU is acting a bit crazy out of nowhere (radio presets not saving, time resetting, etc...back up cam and nav still work) would this upgrade clear up those issues? If so, I plan on being one of the first in line for this upgrade. I'm on the email list and eagerly waiting for the link to purchase
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:58 PM   #132 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
If my CIU is acting a bit crazy out of nowhere (radio presets not saving, time resetting, etc...back up cam and nav still work) would this upgrade clear up those issues? If so, I plan on being one of the first in line for this upgrade. I'm on the email list and eagerly waiting for the link to purchase
This upgrade is a complete replacement of the CIU and screen; so yes it would In the short term you may want to have your CIU flashed. The issues your CIU is exhibiting could be due to many reasons- most likely it was caused by the flash sequence (the order in which your vehicle's ECU's were flashed)... but it could also be a hardware issue. Would start with a CIU flash and see if that clears up your issues. @Harleyguy may be able to help; he has a PUMA tool. Would contact him in the interim.
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:08 AM   #133 (permalink)

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)

Seriously, you have a major winner here! It would surprise me to find a stock Fisker Karma CIU/Screen left in the world within 6 months of your being ready to supply.
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2017, 08:24 AM   #134 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

I have a Verizon Hotspot that plugs in via USB. Would that work in this application?
flsupraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #135 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

I went to look for info to reset the oil gauge after changing the oil independently, and saw this string! Wow! The system looks SO FLIPPIN' COOL!

I wanted to ask when this was expected to be a deliverable and if you've estimated the expense yet, PowerSource? Very interested to say the least.

I do think a nice design aspect of the Karma Infotainment (give some props to initial design) is that nothin is really hidden and accessible from the main screen without backing out. Climate, Audio, Phone, Nav, Settings--regardless of the menu it sits available. I liked the comment about keeping climate (seat heat, defrost, temp and fan) always on screen too. Overall, this looks pretty bad-a**. Keep us posted!
SoloKae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:24 PM   #136 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloKae View Post
I went to look for info to reset the oil gauge after changing the oil independently, and saw this string! Wow! The system looks SO FLIPPIN' COOL!
The Karma has an oil guage? Had no idea.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #137 (permalink)

Ha! Never changed it myself--always a dealer. Made an assumption. But if it's good for a laugh on a string, I'll be that sacrificial lamb.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:45 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Ha! Never changed it myself--always a dealer. Made an assumption. But if it's good for a laugh on a string, I'll be that sacrificial lamb.
Didn't mean "guage" by the way--just assumed there was an oil-life monitor or something and to prevent a light from showing, wanted to "reset" it...if it even existed
Old 03-31-2017, 03:54 PM   #139 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Didn't mean "guage" by the way--just assumed there was an oil-life monitor or something and to prevent a light from showing, wanted to "reset" it...if it even existed
Was not trying to be a smart ass. I learn new stuff about my Karma on Fiskerbuzz all the time. I genuinely believed that there was something I had not encountered before.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:33 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
Quote:
Was not trying to be a smart ass. I learn new stuff about my Karma on Fiskerbuzz all the time. I genuinely believed that there was something I had not encountered before.
Didn't take it like that ;-).