Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/)
-   -   Just Curious:If I could convert your Karma to V8 would you do it (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/25954-just-curious-if-i-could-convert-your-karma-v8-would-you-do.html)

FiskerPhilly 01-15-2016 04:07 PM

Just Curious:If I could convert your Karma to V8 would you do it

If I had the ability to convert your Karma to a V8 ie Destino, would you do it? I'm just looking for handraisers or interest at the moment. PM me or email me through the website www.fiskerofcherryhill.com

DHH 01-15-2016 06:16 PM

Hand raised.....

PowerSource 01-16-2016 12:08 AM

Put a ferrari v12 in and I am in. How are you going to do the integration with the DIS, CIU etc? If replace would likely need donor car if keep would need some way for all modules to talk to each other. Have not seen an operational bespoke DIS or CIU with Destino so unlikely they have went that far in their design.

JAM_22 01-16-2016 02:23 AM

Not me, I'm just looking forward to the powersource guys to improve the performance. Guys, my apologies for not spending the time to talk to this week in Los Gatos at lunch. I did talk to Pat and asked him to work with you for us norcal Fisker owners.

Weird Fishes 01-16-2016 05:00 AM

Not me. The ability to run the car as an EV was as much of a draw for me as the styling. Besides, I love visiting gas stations 3 or 4 times a year as opposed to 3 or 4 times a month.

Fabulist 01-16-2016 01:45 PM

Never. It would be an abomination, IMHO.

Nin ja 01-16-2016 04:41 PM

I would consider replacing the ICE with a Battery module or a hydrogen engine to generate electricity. Then allow the powersource guys to go to town, enhance the CIU, power to the RDM and lastly , modify the noise generation to align the acceleration with a lambo or Ferrari whine -- and it must be under 25K to retrofit -- a winner for these soon to be classic Karma's. Joe if your up to it, I'll buy a car under 50k and spend the extra 25K to get it to the state i described above. You and powersource in?

Ira 01-16-2016 05:21 PM

Joe, as I posted on your website, hybrids and PEVs are the future - if there's going to be any future.

I want to add that the Karma hits the sweet spot between a pure EV and a pure ICE. At the moment there are few (if any) hybrids that can compare.

By way of example, I was kicking tires at the BMW dealer a few weeks ago, and asked the salesman how the I3's motorcycle engine/generator (REx) in the trunk would perform climbing steep grades after the battery has been nearly depleted. He replied, "You might be able to maintain 50 mph." (Might is the operative word here.)

Fact check: According to the I3 Owner's Forum, at 2% SOC the max cruising speed on a level highway is 56 mph, but goes way down in cold weather and/or climbing hills. Some reported 25 mph or 0 when the car shut down.

sherrillt 01-16-2016 08:09 PM

:) Absolutely - the only issue is that suspect it would be too cost prohibitive.

JCMorrill 01-16-2016 09:50 PM

Never.