Just Curious:If I could convert your Karma to V8 would you do it - Page 8 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #71 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Default Convert Fisker to Hellcat with kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiskerPhilly View Post
If I had the ability to convert your Karma to a V8 ie Destino, would you do it? I'm just looking for handraisers or interest at the moment. PM me or email me through the website www.fiskerofcherryhill.com
Today it looks like most Fisker owners would not consider converting to a V8 including me, but under certain conditions in the future I might.
Motor Trend recently had an article on Dodge’s plan to sell a Hellcat Engine Kit
it calls the Hellcrate.
The Hellcrate includes the engine for $19,530 and the kit for $2,195. The kit includes: power train control module,power distribution center, engine wiring harness, chassis harness,accelerator pedal,ground jumper,oxygen sensors,charge air temperature sensors,and fuel pump control module. The PCM comes with factory settings. You can also order a Front End Accessory Drive kit that includes: alternator,power steering pump,belts,pulleys a few other things.
Does anyone know if this engine would fit?
Stephenhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #72 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenhale View Post
Today it looks like most Fisker owners would not consider converting to a V8 including me, but under certain conditions in the future I might.
Motor Trend recently had an article on Dodge’s plan to sell a Hellcat Engine Kit
it calls the Hellcrate.
The Hellcrate includes the engine for $19,530 and the kit for $2,195. The kit includes: power train control module,power distribution center, engine wiring harness, chassis harness,accelerator pedal,ground jumper,oxygen sensors,charge air temperature sensors,and fuel pump control module. The PCM comes with factory settings. You can also order a Front End Accessory Drive kit that includes: alternator,power steering pump,belts,pulleys a few other things.
Does anyone know if this engine would fit?
The Motor is just a small piece of the puzzle you still need a complete drive train plus a way for the in car features to communicate with the other systems . The LS3 Motor fits there is a member here doing his own conversations including twin turbos I haven’t seen any updates on the project . You can make almost any engine fit with the right skills and machines.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:17 AM   #73 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just dropping in for a followup on this. Has anyone here successfully pulled off the LS swap?

We have a car torn down now, fingers crossed it'll be driving under its own LS power by the end of the year.

Old 11-25-2019, 07:38 AM   #74 (permalink)
2012 White Eco Sport 2348

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage

I like the way it is now but I would think someday the people who know how to work on these cars will no longer be working on them, then, if it keeps me and my karma on the road, I would.
t4579ad is offline   Reply With Quote