POLL: Who has Spent the Most on Their Karma and is Still Keeping It? - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Poll Results: How Much Have You Spent In Repairs?
0-1K 8 44.44%
1K - 5K 4 22.22%
5K - 10K 1 5.56%
Over 10K 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Between myself and the prior owner, the car has required over $16k in repairs (tires, battery, misc.). I have had the car for about two months and I had to have the engine pulled and something replaced (too technical for me and the bill is at home). The costs ran to $4,000, but Fisker covered about $2,800 of the repair costs.

I knew when I bought the car that I would have repair costs and have a budget for it. I just was hoping I would have it for a bit before the repairs would be needed.
JAM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
FiskerJoe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
what did you pay for the car? was it new or used?
It was "used" When I bought it, it had 3,800 miles on it
joeupshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM_22 View Post
Between myself and the prior owner, the car has required over $16k in repairs (tires, battery, misc.). I have had the car for about two months and I had to have the engine pulled and something replaced (too technical for me and the bill is at home). The costs ran to $4,000, but Fisker covered about $2,800 of the repair costs.

I knew when I bought the car that I would have repair costs and have a budget for it. I just was hoping I would have it for a bit before the repairs would be needed.
Coupler if they have to pull the motor . The coupler goes between the engine and the generator . Fisker went though many prototype couplers that would last .
It basically looks like a clutch disc and is made by Sachs, it amazing that their isn't more failures of this part since the present one was never certified
It's a huge job to do probably the worst repair that needs to be done the HV battery also has to be removed in order to take the motor out. We have a special fixture that gets bolted in place under the car that is wide enough to go under the lift arms to prevent the car from failing off the lift
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote