Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/)
-   -   Damaged the rims (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/2561-damaged-rims.html)

michaelCA 03-07-2013 11:57 AM

Damaged the rims

Finally happened and I damaged my front right rim at a curb in Beverly Hills. :@ Did anybody fix a Fisker rim or is it mission impossible. It is not bended but there is a scratch about 4-5 inches. Maybe somebody has a good advise in Southern California. Thank you.

LonePalmBJ 03-07-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelCA (Post 29321)
Finally happened and I damaged my front right rim at a curb in Beverly Hills. :@ Did anybody fix a Fisker rim or is it mission impossible. It is not bended but there is a scratch about 4-5 inches. Maybe somebody has a good advise in Southern California. Thank you.

I rubbed a curb the first month I had the car, and then again much worse a few months ago. My dealer's "wheel guy" here in Atlanta fixed it for about $120 and it's perfect. You'd never know it was damaged. Any decent wheel repair place should be able to do it. I'm sure your dealer has one they use; I'd start there. If you don't have a local Fisker dealer call the local Mercedes, BMW or Lexus one. I bet they have a good wheel guy on file too.

Lormax 03-07-2013 01:10 PM

I know we do wheel repair here at Orange County. I'm guessing the Santa Monica dealer has something similar.

michaelCA 03-07-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lormax (Post 29369)
I know we do wheel repair here at Orange County. I'm guessing the Santa Monica dealer has something similar.

Perfect! Will call you later.

ejo3rd 03-07-2013 04:48 PM

I had my rim repaired at Fisker of OC and it came out perfect

SoCalGuy 03-08-2013 12:48 PM

My driver's side rear wheel rim has a 0.5 inch scratch thanks to a really tight parking structure with high curb near the entrance! Hardly noticeable unless you're looking right at it, so I'm going to wait until I ding it again before getting it repaired. Still waiting for those paint touch up pens btw!

Lambo 03-10-2013 12:34 AM

Yea I curbed my front rim too. Find it easy to do with the long front end and stub nose rear end. It's not a big deal, had it fixed pretty quickly

Grebechini 03-14-2013 02:00 PM

My dealer hit the service rack with my car and damaged the two front summer rims. Whomever they used to repair them did a perfect job. I can not find any evidence of a repair on either wheel.

Stefan 03-15-2013 01:42 PM

Damaged the rims

Lucky you, but how did he hit the rack to get two rims damaged????

Stefan
German Karma Forum
www.karma-forum.de

rabbit 04-22-2014 04:22 PM

Front rim scratched

You may lough but after having my Fisker for three weeks now I scratched my front right rim today the third time. And this time really ugly. I am not a good driver I know but driving a Karma in Switzerland might be really a little bit difficult because our parkings are not made for such big cars as the Fisker is.
Does anybody know how to buy a new rim ? My plan is to buy one spare front rim to bring it to repair each time I scratch it again an having one spare, because it takes weeks in Switzerland to get a ruined rim fixed.
Thanks for feedback

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelCA (Post 29321)