Damaged the rims - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Does anybody know how to buy a new rim ? My plan is to buy one spare front rim to bring it to repair each time I scratch it again an having one spare, because it takes weeks in Switzerland to get a ruined rim fixed.
Thanks for feedback
I see them periodically on eBay, and for what seems a reasonable price ($500). I considered having an extra "just in case", but since I know there are thousands of them in Finland still in limbo, I didn't see any urgency. Since you are already IN europe, you may want to look into a dealer ordering one from Valmet, where the 2000 (or 4000?) rims are.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
You may lough but after having my Fisker for three weeks now I scratched my front right rim today the third time. And this time really ugly. I am not a good driver I know but driving a Karma in Switzerland might be really a little bit difficult because our parkings are not made for such big cars as the Fisker is.
Does anybody know how to buy a new rim ? My plan is to buy one spare front rim to bring it to repair each time I scratch it again an having one spare, because it takes weeks in Switzerland to get a ruined rim fixed.
Thanks for feedback
I carry new rims in stock the price of the rim is one thing but what will kill you is the shipping from the USA to Switzerland also if you buy a new rim make sure you get a new tire valve you can remove the sensor off the valve stem but you won't be able to reuse the valve stem . You can buy the stem at a Hyundai dealership it's used on the Santa Fe
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
I carry new rims in stock the price of the rim is one thing but what will kill you is the shipping from the USA to Switzerland also if you buy a new rim make sure you get a new tire valve you can remove the sensor off the valve stem but you won't be able to reuse the valve stem . You can buy the stem at a Hyundai dealership it's used on the Santa Fe
Minor scratches can be repaired. I am constantly scratching my rims on the low curbs in San Francisco when parallel parking my car also. So every few months I ask the dealer to fix them for me, and they polish and repaint them for a fraction of what new rims would cost, and they look brand new - until I scratch them again. As long as the wheels are not physically damaged or cracked, cosmetic damage is relatively easy and cheap to fix.

I suggest you investigate the repair option before replacing anything.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2014, 03:11 AM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Rabbit - here is a company that specializes in wheel repairs. They appear to have a franchise in Germany, so might be worth calling to see if they ever make road trips to Switzerland.

http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/locator.html

Good luck!

P.S. I used a similar service 10+ years ago multiple times to repair curb damage on my Infiniti G35 Coupe rims. You really couldn't tell the difference afterwards between the original wheels and the repaired sections.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:09 AM   #15 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Apparently some repair companies will come and do the repair wherever you are. My local tire dealer sent the one I scratched-up out, though (and then it took 3 days or so, turned out they didn't have the right paint).
ct-fiskerbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

i had my work done in Palm Beacb. Did the work in my garage. Two wheels for about $250. Looks brand new after repair job. Only way to go.
Mikey43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Thanks you all for feedback.
You are lucky guys there in the States. To repair a rim in Switzerland costs about 350$ (one rim) and it takes about 2 weeks. I think we in Europe can still learn a lot in terms of service from you guys :-)
Old 04-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey43 View Post
Did the work in my garage
Hi Mikey43,
Who did you use?
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I live in fort Lauderdale and have 2 rims that need repainted after running up against curbs, the rims are not bent, just paint work.
Does anybody know anyone in the area?
Also I wish to paint the calipers yellow, any ideas on that.

thanks for you help, ron Wilson
karma eclipse, brown interior
2007 Porsche 930 turbo
2005 dodge ram srt viper truck
ronw1505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

DRT Wheel Repair will pick-up the wheel(s) from you in Fort Lauderdale just so long as they are off of the vehicle. My business is factory wheels and they do a lot of our wheel reconditioning.

NOT ALL WHEEL REPAIR PLACES ARE THE SAME! Furthermore, the Karma 22" wheel has two colors on it. We've used DRT for Karma wheels and they came our perfect. (305) 542-7750 and tell them Howard from Wheels Direct sent you.
Double is offline   Reply With Quote