Northern California Karma Meet-Up - Spinello’s in Los Gatos on Wed, Jan 13 at 11:45am - Page 6 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2016, 09:18 PM   #51 (permalink)
Ira

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM_22 View Post
A big "Thank You" to Pat for getting my car ready for the event. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning about my car in person.
Yes, it's a well-deserved "Thank You." I heard Pat went to extraordinary lengths to make it happen.

BTW: If anyone wants to park in a quiet, residential neighborhood (near Spinello's) with no time restrictions, I'll have parking permits at the event.

Ordinary street parking in Los Gatos is generally 2 hours and public lot parking is generally 3 hours. (It's free to park, but you'll need a ChargePoint card if you want to use one of the charging stations.)
Karma - Shadow/Canyon #1292
Ira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #52 (permalink)
Ira

Garage
Default Info About Karma Meet-Up Tomorrow, Wed., 1/13/16

NEWS FLASH:

Two managers from KA, Courtney Thomas and Tom Eberts, will be driving up from Orange County to join us at the event tomorrow. They are very excited to meet the owners and other enthusiasts, and show us the beautiful Karma they are bringing.

PARKING HINTS:

1. If you park on Main St. near Spinello's, the time limit is 2 hours. (You can always move to a nearby spot if you wish to stay longer.)

2. Plan to arrive early if you want to use one of the 12 EV charging ports in downtown. There is no time restriction if you are charging your vehicle. Your ChargePoint or PlugShare app will direct you to an open station.

3. Los Gatos is a popular destination spot and parking can be difficult during lunchtime. Rather than drive around, stop at Spinello's to pick up a permit for private unlimited parking in the nearby Edelen/Miles Avenue neighborhood.

Here are a couple of maps to assist you:

http://ca-losgatos2.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/15667
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spinello's Italian Restaurant.jpg (137.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-13-2016, 09:06 PM   #53 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)

All,

Let me be the first to report that today's gathering in Los Gatos California was amazing with 13 Karmas! Thank you Ira for arranging the event so well and welcoming us all; having your dear wife in attendance (the Mayor, no less) was a huge bonus.

Also, wasn't it great to have our friends from Karma Automotive in attendance? - thank you for lunch! They made me an even more loyal customer.

I am sure lots of great photos will start being shared, but here's s starter (with Ira):

https://www.dropbox.com/l/s/Hv7itinFfQadQomMG60OHu

(Next time I'll bring my drone! - too many Karmas to photograph)

Great to meet everyone.

Simon

Fisker Karma EcoChic #1030 : Mercedes CLK63 AMG: Audi Q7 Prestige : Honda CBR1000RR

Forever!

Last edited by shrowell; 01-13-2016 at 09:11 PM.
shrowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #54 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

This was definitely a great event and it was fun to see everyone in person and meet some new Karma Kabalists. There are a few additional shots of the event here.

Many thanks to Ira for organizing the event and to everyone for attending.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #55 (permalink)

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Thanks to Ira for putting it together, and for JAM for being an instigator of lunch as well, and for the Karma Automotive people and Powersource guys for coming out and updating us on everything going on. Very informative and fun event, and what a nice bunch of car-loving people! Great photos from the others here, but I will provide this link to my video contribution, including that famous Karma sound:

VIDEO: LOS GATOS, GOOD KARMA

Given the relative size of the town compared to Philly or Anaheim, I think Los Gatos can now claim to have had the highest per-capita gathering of Karmas in the world. Just sayin'

Dave_Car_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:43 PM   #56 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)

All,

I have put the remainder of my photos up on DropBox at https://www.dropbox.com/photos/share...psUS22xD4vSd5B

Simon

Fisker Karma EcoChic #1030 : Mercedes CLK63 AMG: Audi Q7 Prestige : Honda CBR1000RR

Forever!
shrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:00 PM   #57 (permalink)
Ira

Garage

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who drove to Los Gatos from all over California, taking time off from work, braving El Nino, and repositioning your Karmas for a photo shoot in the rain. We had nearly two dozen attendees, all of whom are Karma owners and enthusiasts.

A special shout-out goes to the Karma execs who drove from Orange County, generously picked up the entire tab, handed out Karma gift bags, and gave us an update on the company. It was great to learn that the factory (only 40 miles from HQ) is coming online very quickly, and they have had to acquire larger facilities to accommodate all the engineers and other employees they have been hiring.

In the accompanying photos, you can see most of the attendees. The Mayor of Los Gatos, who co-owns our Karma, "LG Mayor," is welcoming everyone. The two Karma execs are shown in the mirror. In case you're wondering, Fab is hidden behind Pat, our CSP who drove from San Francisco in his personal Karma, which has 83,000 miles on it. No, that's not a record. He informed us that one of his clients has 87,000 miles on her Karma, and has had virtually no issues the entire time!

We will have do this again, and next time I'm guessing we'll need a larger restaurant and a bigger area in which to park!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spinello's 1.jpg (347.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Spinello's 2.jpg (394.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 01-15-2016, 01:14 PM   #58 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like fun! Did powersource demonstrate anything new?
F222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #59 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrowell View Post
All,

Let me be the first to report that today's gathering in Los Gatos California was amazing with 13 Karmas! Thank you Ira for arranging the event so well and welcoming us all; having your dear wife in attendance (the Mayor, no less) was a huge bonus.

Also, wasn't it great to have our friends from Karma Automotive in attendance? - thank you for lunch! They made me an even more loyal customer.

I am sure lots of great photos will start being shared, but here's s starter (with Ira):

https://www.dropbox.com/l/s/Hv7itinFfQadQomMG60OHu

(Next time I'll bring my drone! - too many Karmas to photograph)

Great to meet everyone.

Simon
Buying lunch gained loyal customers, just imagine if Karma Auto accepted the offer by PowerSource and provide us with the TOM module.

I would've been fine with using my warranty allowance towards TOM.
KA would've rebuilt trust in existing customers as well as gaining new ones
SuperKarmaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:09 PM   #60 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

@SuperKarmaX - Your missing the point on @shrowell's post. He was stating that it was a nice gesture. No one at the lunch expected this to happen and at no point did they push anything. they offered their help and assistance with any of our needs.

They were there as guests just like the rest of us and keep in mind that they drove all of the way up from LA for this midweek lunch event.

I look forward to more events like these and the possibility of a statewide event in a prime location for all of us to get to.
JAM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote