Blink Ecotality Charger - - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Default Blink Ecotality Charger -

Thanks to @JAM_22, I now have my Karma hooked up to a Blink Ecotality Level 2 Charger. Life is good. However, if you take a look at the second picture, I have a question:

The Blink Network "Connection Failed" suggests to me that the Blink Network is not functional (ignore the LAN error - this is a WiFi connection). Is that the case, or have others been able to resolve this issue somehow?

Fisker Karma EcoChic #1030 : Mercedes CLK63 AMG: Audi Q7 Prestige : Honda CBR1000RR

Forever!
shrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Ecotality went through a BK reorganization in 2013, which may have resulted in some changes in their network. (http://www.greentechmedia.com/articl...-But-Not-Bad-R). They are probably the only ones that can help you with this issue.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

I have the same charger in my shop I didn't use it for over a year and when I finally decided to hook it up I was able,to get right onto Blinks network that's when things went south.
Blink updated the software in the charger and locked me out they thought,the charger was part of a pay charging service and locked me out after two weeks of phones they finally downloaded software to the charger and that set it back to a owner charger.
That a couple months ago a phone call to Blink is all I did
By the way if you don't mind what did the charger cost you . Mine is on a metal stand that Blink makes which can be secured to concrete the stand has to,weigh 50 Lbs
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2015, 01:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

I have the same charger and blink uploaded new software a couple times and locked me out as a owner twice. They kept switching the charger to a pay charger and putting it on the blink map. The only way to use the charger was to use my blink code and pay for my own power. Both times I had to call them and have them reverse the settings. The last time it took me a week to get it fixed so I disconnected it from the Lan and disabled the wifi. Have not had an issue ever since.

As a side note the first time blink gave me quite a hassle about owning the charger and wanted to ship me a different model that was not a public style but the model they offered didn't allow me to schedule the charge start time like I needed so I declined their offer.

The charger works great but the blink folks are very hard to deal with.
sterling500 is offline   Reply With Quote