New Shoes - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List
FiskerTech

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2015, 09:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFisker View Post
Hello everyone. I'm not big on posting messages in public forums but thought this one would be appreciated by the Fisker community here. I recently had some issues with my Karma (mostly my fault) and had to take it in to get it looked at by FiskerTech. I used that opportunity to tweak my rims a bit and was going to go all black. However, on advice of FiskerTech, I went the other way.... Wanted to share a pic and thank Adam for having the awesome vision.
Anytime Alex.
FiskerTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Thousand Oaks, Ca.
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Default

I also have some issues with my rims and the front corners of the bumpers. The body shop suggested repainting the rims silver and since he will be painting the minor scratches on the bumpers he thought painting the black inserts the same color as my car which is Earth diamond dust. Has anyone seen this done? Any comments or suggestions? Thanks
Allan EC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiskerPhilly View Post
The other set I'm doing black.
I would do it in gunmetal grey or hyper black (black chrome) and keep the black insert or make it a contrast light grey or darker grey insert.

I always felt black wheels get washed out with black tires and you really don't see the wheel design. The karma turbine look wheels are great looking and shouldn't be hidden with a "black out".

Look at the grey gunmetal OEM wheels on a Mercedes SL65 as they contrast on white, silver, burgundy, etc color cars...its stunning
sherrillt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-15-2015, 02:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan EC View Post
I also have some issues with my rims and the front corners of the bumpers. The body shop suggested repainting the rims silver and since he will be painting the minor scratches on the bumpers he thought painting the black inserts the same color as my car which is Earth diamond dust. Has anyone seen this done? Any comments or suggestions? Thanks
That sounds interesting, post pictures if you do so please. The last time I had my rims repaired (aka painted) the shop also suggested painting to match my deep ocean color. I didn't go for it, but in hindsight, it might have looked cool.
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrillt View Post
I always felt black wheels get washed out with black tires and you really don't see the wheel design. The karma turbine look wheels are great looking and shouldn't be hidden with a "black out".
You are so right! My winter rims are black, and they do not look anywhere near as sharp.
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFisker View Post
Hello everyone. I'm not big on posting messages in public forums but thought this one would be appreciated by the Fisker community here. I recently had some issues with my Karma (mostly my fault) and had to take it in to get it looked at by FiskerTech. I used that opportunity to tweak my rims a bit and was going to go all black. However, on advice of FiskerTech, I went the other way.... Wanted to share a pic and thank Adam for having the awesome vision.
Fabulous look! The white rims on the white Karma is stunning.
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
non sequitur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern Miami, FL
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiskerTech View Post
Harleyguy

Yes there is active service dealer - Fields Auto Group. We have 3 dealer one in Northfield (Chicago suburbs), one in Florida and one in British Colombia, Canada.
I bought my car from Fields in Northfield (Chicago), but I had the impression even back then (in mid-2013) that they were discontinuing their Fisker operations, including selling all their parts stock. I'm surprised to hear you are there and working on the cars - the more the merrier.
__________________
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
non sequitur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Northern Miami, FL
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVer1 View Post
Fabulous look! The white rims on the white Karma is stunning.
It does look amazing, but I wonder how they'd look after being put in use (i.e.: how hard will it be to keep them clean and looking that good)?
__________________
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVer1 View Post
Fabulous look! The white rims on the white Karma is stunning.

Thanks everyone. Been getting a lot of looks. Glad I did it.
ChicagoFisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
JCMorrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 829
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Default

It's way easier to keep your rims clean if you live somewhere nicer!! (I, having moved from Gurnee to Scottsdale, should know. )
JCMorrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.