excessive condensation inside windshield - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2015, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fisker Driver

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Default excessive condensation inside windshield

Not sure if this has been addressed prior, but couldn't find a post similar. When it is has been a very cold evening, I find excessive condensation on the inside of my windshield in the morning. So much that the defroster can't address it. Neither of my floorboards are wet and I don't smell any anti freeze. I've had to park it outside that past few months at night but not for the last 2.5 years. So, not sure if this has been like this forever, just never had it outside overnight, until recently. Any thoughts?
Old 01-10-2015, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

I left my $1.25 driving gloves on the dash once and then it condensed more there
grundoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecodoc View Post
Not sure if this has been addressed prior, but couldn't find a post similar. When it is has been a very cold evening, I find excessive condensation on the inside of my windshield in the morning. So much that the defroster can't address it. Neither of my floorboards are wet and I don't smell any anti freeze. I've had to park it outside that past few months at night but not for the last 2.5 years. So, not sure if this has been like this forever, just never had it outside overnight, until recently. Any thoughts?
I've posted with condensation issues you could search, but I don't know if we share the same problem. Mine had a bad HVAC that was replaced last month because it fogged the windshield excessively when it was HOT out.

When you open your car door, after you hear the "welcome chime", but before you turn on the car, do you hear a sound coming from inside the dash? I'm wondering: IF you had a bad HVAC as I did, might it create this condition in your car in the cold (as it did in my car in the heat)?
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2015, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)

First thing you need to check if air is constantly coming out of the defroster vents no matter what you have the system set at .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
First thing you need to check if air is constantly coming out of the defroster vents no matter what you have the system set at .
My windshield frosts up on the outside when the AC is on. I can not seem to control where the air comes out. Buttons seem like they do not function. I can not turn off the defroster vent from blowing all the time. can't seem to redirect air from anywhere but the defroster vents and front vents and can not move it to floor or anything else. Any thoughts?
ub2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)

Yes more then likely you need a new HVAC unit and depending on your VIN a new HVAC module which controls the motors that directs the air flow. The low vin cars the module can't be loaded with software .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote