Oil pressure and Coolant temperature warning - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Oil pressure and Coolant temperature warning

Yesterday when I switched on the ICE 2 scary red lights came up.

Oil pressure low, and Coolant temperature high. As I just switched on the engine, it seemed quite unrealistic for the temperature to be too high (0 degrees outside so quite unlikeley the engine overheats within the minute)

So I decided to ignore the 2 red warning lights, and upon arival I checked the oil and coolant levels which were perfectly fine!

I called Fisker Nederland, and they agreed with me that it is probably a bug, and I can just ignore it.

Anyone else have this? Will the lights just disapear like the CEL, or do I need to go all the way to my dealer to get it reset?

This time of year I do not mind a few red lights on my dash, adds to the christmas atmosphere!
Laguna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I am not sure what kind of bug this is, but I would not underestimate it. It can have fatal consequences for the engine. High coolant level results in blown head gasket and low oil pressure results in pretty much damaging the whole engine. Expensive stuff.

Usually there are separate sensors for each (water temp and oil pressure), so only explanation (other than actual engine problem) could be that something happened to the ground connector on this particular loom and sensors went haywire, along with ECU's interpretation of their value. Perhaps more data can be watched when connecting to the OBDII plug (if there is one) and observing CAN data of the engine on laptop. Any decent tuning place should have such connector and software program. However I did not do it myself and I vaguely remember from previous threads that not much data was available for inspection. Let us know what caused your christmas lighting atmosphere!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
rex

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I have had the CEL turn on as a false alarm, and had a few other false alarms (light bulb, windshield fluid level), over the 6 months of ownership. In each case, turning off the car, walking away for a few minutes, and then restarting (rebooting, basically) seems to sort out if it is a real issue, or a false alarm reading. (you know when it is long enough when the pyramid PNRD backlight light is fully off).

Did you try that and the lights persisted after reboot?
rex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

the lights have disapeared!
It was a bit worring though. Yesterday my Karma started making strange noises after I switched it off. Like some electrical relay did not switch and it kept trying, especially after I pluged in the charger.
I switched the car on and off a few times, but the sounds remained, so I decided to let it be plugged in for a while, see what happens.
After the hour I plug out the charger, and try the car. It had not charged at all, and refused to shift into gear. I then spotted another nice red light on my screen, which looked like a battery. Bit worrying I must say.
But being stuborn and naive, I just plugged her in again, and ignored the car for a few hours.
And it worked! not only was she charging again, also all my 3 red warning lights have disapeared, so this magical car can fix herself.
Ok, the CEL is still on, but that has been pretty standard from the start, and I am a bit worried about the battery problem reapearing, but at the moment everything seems fine.
Laguna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

I would take it in and have the codes read. This is not normal behavior.
Signature Edition Karma #72
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I am not sure what kind of bug this is, but I would not underestimate it. It can have fatal consequences for the engine. High coolant level results in blown head gasket and low oil pressure results in pretty much damaging the whole engine. Expensive stuff.

Usually there are separate sensors for each (water temp and oil pressure), so only explanation (other than actual engine problem) could be that something happened to the ground connector on this particular loom and sensors went haywire, along with ECU's interpretation of their value. Perhaps more data can be watched when connecting to the OBDII plug (if there is one) and observing CAN data of the engine on laptop. Any decent tuning place should have such connector and software program. However I did not do it myself and I vaguely remember from previous threads that not much data was available for inspection. Let us know what caused your christmas lighting atmosphere!
Hello everybody,
I have a problem with the sensor reading the temperature, when I start the car and the fans on the right start, I do not know where it is positioned and if you can help me with a code of it.
The error code is: P0a2c p0a2f P0ac4. Please excuse my English
pety37 is offline   Reply With Quote