No putting gas in Karma - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Default No putting gas in Karma

What if I just never put gas in the Karma and drove under 80km (50miles) daily would the car still work ok for many years? Right now the car is near empty gas and I was debating putting gas in it.
grundoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundoon View Post
What if I just never put gas in the Karma and drove under 80km (50miles) daily would the car still work ok for many years? Right now the car is near empty gas and I was debating putting gas in it.
You don't want fuel with ethanol sitting for long periods of time in your car. It will cause all kinds of havoc when it goes bad. Shelf life of fuel with ethanol is not very long. If you are planning on never running the engine I suggest finding pure gas and adding some Stabil or another fuel stabilizing product. then run the engine so that the fuel that has been treated makes it into the engine.

If I had a dollar for every woman that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me very attractive ;-)
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I have the same situation...rarely go over the 50 mile charge. I was told to fill the gas tank to about 1/4 full and then run it on sport mode several times a month. At this rate I'll put in about 1/4 tank every 3 months and it will keep the gas "fresh". Does this make sense?
Allan EC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan EC View Post
I have the same situation...rarely go over the 50 mile charge. I was told to fill the gas tank to about 1/4 full and then run it on sport mode several times a month. At this rate I'll put in about 1/4 tank every 3 months and it will keep the gas "fresh". Does this make sense?
Yup, that's exactly what you need to do.
It's good for the engine to be run once in a while anyway. You want to keep everything lubricated and spinning freely.

If I had a dollar for every woman that found me unattractive, they'd eventually find me very attractive ;-)
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Thanks Special K. I have had my EchoChic for a little over one year and no problems. I appreciate all the tips that come from this forum. I hope to keep my Karma running trouble free for a long time.
Allan EC is offline   Reply With Quote