squaking sound from steering wheel - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Default squaking sound from steering wheel

i have started to hear a squaking sound somewhere left from the steering wheel, anyone had this issue?
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Default RE: squaking sound from steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
i have started to hear a squaking sound somewhere left from the steering wheel, anyone had this issue?
I don't know if it's the same sound (is "squaking" = "squeaking" or is it something different?) but mine has always had a sort of creak or rub type noise coming from somewhere around the dashboard, as though something is a little too loose or a little too tight in/around/under the leather. I plan to ask the dealer about it tomorrow while I have the car down there.

It's quiet enough that if I have the iPod playing I never hear it, but it is quite noticeable at very low speeds when I go over speedbumps and such when in Stealth and with no other sounds.
ct-fiskerbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Default squaking sound from steering wheel

sorry did mean squeaking, it's the same noise i have.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good news!!! I had that sound and it was making me crazy. I couldn't tell for sure if it was the from the dashboard or the steering column and had little hope it would be tracked down. I took my car in and SURPRISE, they found it and fixed it. Turns out is was one of the leads from the airbag connection. I really thought I would have to keep the music playing louder and forget about it, I was very pleased they took the time to dig in, find ti and fix it! If your dealer needs more info about my specific solution it was fixed by Fisker Orange County. Good luck!
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage

I have also experienced the creaking sound a low speeds when making sharp uphill turns or going over speed bumps. I took my Karma into the dealer and they determined with HQ support that the issue is friction between the leather on the dashboard and the underlying plastic structure. I believe they put in some lubricant and it is better, but has not completely gone away. I am currently satisfied with this outcome as my concern was to make sure the sound was not because of some structural issue. If the problem gets worse I plan to take it back to the dealer for additional [warranty] work.

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think many cars have little creaks, even the Audi I used to drive had it. I currently have a litte creaking sound when I press the accelerator (since two days). I heard it a few months ago and it went away by itself. Could happen again. And if not, I'm sure they can fix it at the dealer (probably by applying some lubricant).
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
I think many cars have little creaks, even the Audi I used to drive had it. I currently have a litte creaking sound when I press the accelerator (since two days). I heard it a few months ago and it went away by itself. Could happen again. And if not, I'm sure they can fix it at the dealer (probably by applying some lubricant).
@Dutch: I had that issue also and was tempted to squirt some lubricant into the pedal structure but decided not to because the throttle on the Karma is basically an electronic sensor and I had no desire to get oil into the wrong place. The dealer took care of it for me when the car was in for the 5K Mile/628 Update service.

Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
@Dutch: I had that issue also and was tempted to squirt some lubricant into the pedal structure but decided not to because the throttle on the Karma is basically an electronic sensor and I had no desire to get oil into the wrong place. The dealer took care of it for me when the car was in for the 5K Mile/628 Update service.

Yes, I am definitely not going to be squirting lubricant around the pedal myself. I'm sure my dealer can take care of it.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)

@Mike: I'm glad the fix has taken care of it! If it comes back, feel free to message me here if you like, or call in to Jonathan.

Owner of Fix The Karma LLC
http://www.fixthekarma.com
Lormax is offline   Reply With Quote