Originally Posted by asulil
The TSB was published on October 31, 2013. Fisker filed for BK in November 2013. I seriously doubt it has been addressed in anyone cars.
in case you need it
5515 East La Palma Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92807-2116 USA Tel: +1 714.888.4255 Fax: +1 714.888.4256
Fisker Automotive Inc.
NUMBER: 250120501.02 DATE: Oct 11, 2013
MODEL: Karma MODEL YEAR: 2012
TITLE: Half Shaft Hub Nut Torque Specification (Update)
Half Shaft nut (C144201705200 - NUT-HEX FL PTM PC10 M27 X 2.0 X 18)
200 Nm +/- 30 Nm
200 Nm (+/- 30 Nm) + 90 deg (+/- 5 deg)
Clockwise - tightening direction
Updated Specification (equivalent torque):
550 Nm +/- 50 Nm
PROCESS OVERVIEW (No vehicle hoisting required):
1. Remove rear Wheel Center Caps, using butyl rubber or other method.
2. Locate and inspect 27mm Half Shaft nut.
a. Replace Half Shaft nut with NEW C144201705200 if prior service has been
3. Using Calibrated Torque Wrench with compatible 33 mm socket, carefully set Half Shaft
nut to 200 Nm (+/- 30 Nm).
4. Using long-handle breaker bar, carefully tighten Half Shaft nut another 90 degrees
(+/- 5 deg), in clockwise direction.
a. Note that torque will increase greatly to final setting of 550 Nm (+/- 50 Nm).
b. Torque + angle specification provided for typical shop tool compatibility.
5. Replace Wheel Center Cap.
6. Repeat Steps 2-5 for other side of vehicle.