Has anyone heard from Lormax? - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2014, 09:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

I'm hoping there is a good explanation. He has been a positive and essential contributor to this forum. To those he as worked with in the past have always given him praise. Unfortunately as CA_MP4 says, "
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_MP4 View Post
It is one thing to be a good technician, quite another to run a business.
". They also don't always understand the power of communication. Perhaps he is the next BK, and his lawyers have asked him to stay quiet until they sort things out (a familiar story). It would be horrible if this were health related. Fingers crossed.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)

Dont think its health. I just spoke with some Toronto owners and he was just up there last week servicing cars..
First rules of customer service, answer the phone and return emails and calls...
Foundation of good automotive service, well any service business is good customer communication and reliability...just sayin
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Deep Ocean in ATL

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)

I considered that a possibility a month and half ago, when I spoke to him last. He promised to send the RDM that Saturday and text me the shipping info, and billing. Nothing, nada zilch.

He didn't mention any issues at that time. Supposedly, now he is Canada working on cars.
AlJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Ours is a very small and tightly connected community, and it works best when we freely share timely and accurate information with each other. I have stepped in to cut off fisticuffs before, but I have no issue with people sharing accurate and timely information, preferably without resort to name calling. For the record, my interactions with @Lormax have been very positive, and I think we will all benefit from having accurate and timely information about any topic, good, bad or otherwise.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Deep Ocean in ATL

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)

Thanks for your opinion Fab. No name calling.... just the facts that he has not returned my RDM, phone calls, text or emails. I think nearly 3 months is enough latitude. Now I will incur additional expense to try to recover my property.

And that's a all correct. It is not that I wish to revert to attorneys... they are expensive. But so is a $5000 RDM which I paid for. Now it may cost me another $5000 to get my car fixed.

If you would like to intervene, I would welcome your contacting Lormax and suggest he contacts his "customers". He won't answer my calls or return them. Thanks.

Last edited by AlJOHN; 11-01-2014 at 11:39 AM.
AlJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #16 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Karma View Post
AZ Runner, I heard you have his Fisker or one of the owners in AZ.
@SC Karma - Lormax had loaned his Karma to another owner in Phoenix while he was repairing his car. However, Lormax picked up his Karma when he was in Phoenix the 3rd week of September. I know this because I saw Lormax in September and also discussed it with that owner last week at our owner group dinner in Scottsdale.

Hopefully everything is OK with @Lormax and we hear from him soon.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I believe Fabulist is referring to past dealings some forum members have had with Lormax that he had previously deleted. I was very close to sending my vehicle to Lormax's shop in LA but found out that he was merely renting a bay there and did not have a BAR license to legally repair vehicles. This was a huge red flag to me. Lesson here is do your due diligence before trusting internet strangers.
Fanofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:15 AM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Shop or no shop, Lormax does have a currently valid BAR license with Fix the Karma. Here's the link in case: http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=277507&P _LTE_ID=1101

Last edited by radrsuh; 11-02-2014 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Adding link
radrsuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:00 AM   #19 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

My experience with Lormax has been great. He has been a major contributor to the site and arguably has kept quite a few cars on the street. Let's hope all is well with him and that he gets back in touch with everyone that needs his assistance.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Ocean View Post
My experience with Lormax has been great. He has been a major contributor to the site and arguably has kept quite a few cars on the street. Let's hope all is well with him and that he gets back in touch with everyone that needs his assistance.
Unfortunately, in this world it only takes one slip up to undo a lifetime of achievement...for example Adrian Peterson.