Karma - Features We Want as Requested by Fisker Engineers - Page 14 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #131 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Karma View Post
Good list so far everyone. I only have a few to add that may have not been covered.
Just some quick feedback on a couple:

1. Change the battery replacement procedure for the FOB. Should be able to do it without the dealer involved.
>> You can do this now. I changed my fob battery in line at Batteries Plus. Worked fine, satisfied the fob battery warning indicator and all was well. No dealer trip needed.

3. Some way to show when the ICE is running when you did not turn it on. This also should occur at a speed over 40 MPH so that it does not occur as you are pulling out of a garage after parking or driving at a slow speed.
>> It's subtle but this already exists. On the Energy Flow screen (with the car outline) you see a animated gradient "driveshaft" when you're in battery only Stealth mode, and a solid white driveshaft when you're in "ICE is Running" Stealth mode

5. Make the solar panel work. It worked earlier but no longer does.
>>> Actually it never worked. It has always been the same static "February" screen. You *can* see some information on the solar panels on the Energy Flow screen. The roof of the car graphic is actually a realtime graph of solar generation. The more power the roof if generating the more of the little squares turn white.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #132 (permalink)

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)

Great job thus far guys, keep it coming!
A couple of quick points-
1) @SD Karma the fob battery is a do it yourself, just pop the cover and swap in the battery. CR2032. Unless I'm missing something
2) many people and to this day I get this request and question. Why cant it charge the battery and increase range while cruising? The answer is that the car is quite capable, and in fact on the first HCU software version, it did if you remember the cars in the road show. However, our friends at the EPA would not allow Fisker to do that stating that it was wasting fuel. Somehow mathematically they came up with the use battery down to 26 then switch the generator to "maintain" and use fuel. Dont think they can legally change that as thats how the car is certified in the States.
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:24 PM   #133 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

A quieter muffler for current owners to make it sound like the luxury car it is. The current offerings don't cut it. It should be as silent as possible when the ICE is running. My Volt and R8 are both quieter!
Owner Karma #49 SE,
2013 Chevy Volt
2008 Audi R8 V8
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
ejo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2014, 02:00 AM   #134 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I would like to see a modified design for the front bumper. It is so low that every time I hit a little dip I scrape the bottom.
Allan EC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #135 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan EC View Post
I would like to see a modified design for the front bumper. It is so low that every time I hit a little dip I scrape the bottom.
Couldn't agree more! And it sticks so far out from the driver, relative to other cars. I'm sure not many of us have not scraped the daylights out of that thing already - I'd like to buy a second fascia as a "backup" for the day it inevitably needs replacement.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #136 (permalink)
EV Enthusiast

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
Couldn't agree more! And it sticks so far out from the driver, relative to other cars. I'm sure not many of us have not scraped the daylights out of that thing already - I'd like to buy a second fascia as a "backup" for the day it inevitably needs replacement.
Maybe a consumable piece can be designed and mount on where the scrapes are occurring and can be replaced periodically.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #137 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Karma View Post
Maybe a consumable piece can be designed and mount on where the scrapes are occurring and can be replaced periodically.
i think they just modify the shocks to allow the car to lift 3" like the Telsa and other luxury brands. it could be a selection on the CIU.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Karma View Post
There is a 'consumable' lip under the nose that is scraped mostly - to hit the front bumper takes quite a steep incline or tall curb.
CA_MP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Two suggestions I didn't see:

-an analoge clock a-la Bentley on the dash, maybe in the woodtrim piece
-adjustable shocks for comfort and sport, the present compromise rides quite harsh and the magnificent Californian back roads and Hwys.
CA_MP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:14 PM   #140 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

better vote on some of these....there are some suggestions I wouldn't think are an improvement.
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote