Fisker Buzz Forums banner

Reduced Performance Message Error 01- CEL - Need Help !

8K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  HybridFanatic 
#1 ·
Hi guys really need help - everything has been perfect with my karma until last night . I was driving in sport mode at 60 mph , suddenly got error 01 reduced performance. I lost sport mode and my range was really low 8 miles or so. CEL came on , I pulled over and charged the car for a while and did soft reset . Seemed to hold, but it came back this morning . I have not yet done a hard reset . Went to autozone and had them read the codes :

- P0AC4
- P1CC4
- P0A4C

Can some one help guide me to what this means and what if any steps I should be taking including brining this to the dealer. I am in the Chicago area so not sure about support ?

Thanks guys !:(

#4 ·
So I reset the CEL and did a soft and hard reset. The issue comes back "01 Limp Fault" - Reduced performance in addition to the CEL codes I mentioned earlier.

I have attached a couple of pictures Vehicle Plant Audio equipment Vehicle audio Font

Speedometer Vehicle Car Plant Motor vehicle

Will take it in to have the Fisker codes read as well.

#6 ·
Hey Guys -

Latest update : I took the car in on Friday to Drew's Garage in Schaumburg, he seemed to be very knowledgeable and services several of these locally. He ran a battery of electrical tests on all components involved in the issue at hand.

Everything tested within range, all roads point to a possible faulty inverter or a sensor in the inverter.

Here's the catch, the day before I took it, the CEL and all other lights disappeared and have not come back since ?

He suggested at this point to wait until the issue returns and bring it back in error status with CEL and the "limp fault message" illuminated.

Any additional thoughts ?

#9 ·
Doesn't sound right don't know how all roads point to a sensor or an inverter if no codes were stored . Is Drew's garage an authorized Fisker dealership ? Never heard of that dealer and if he isn't a Fisker dealership how did he run Prodis on the car he would of had to work for Fisker and the WDI had fallen off the back of a truck . The interface alone coast $4000.00 . Just curious about the diagnosis plus no need to use a generic tool if you have Prodis next time you go to his shop ask him to take a screen shot of the DTC page .

#14 ·
So It looks like what happened was the reset the code store see if we can reproduce, he borrowed the computer from a local Fisker Mechanic -- He also said if it was not available at the time that he would rent one. The CEL has not come back on but roads are pointing to a possibly failing inverter.

He advised to drive the car after until the CEL returns and then bring in in that state so he can Diagnose with Fisker PRODIS equipment.

No he is not a certified Fisker Shop.

Here is some info on the shop:

Drews Garage Auto Repair service, Schaumburg Il. 60173
www.drewsgarage.com/
Drew's Garage offers complete auto repair and maintenance on import, exotic, luxury, hybrid, domestic, and classic cars and trucks. With a passion
Rating 4.8 : 29 Google reviews

#11 ·
I had this problem back in May 2014 and my front Inverter was replaced. The problem is back and I've been driving in stealth mode (battery only) for the last to months. I was waiting for the warranty announcement before I take my Fisker back in for service. Check this link out for the discussion:

http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13...h-command-similar-software-their-karma-3.html

The old inverter was shipped back to Fisker and it was examined and discovered that there was nothing wrong with it. It was not defective.

The interesting thing is that when the front inverter was replaced and I received the car back all the other complaints and glitches that I had since I had the vehicle was also mysteriously fixed. When I took the car in I was only concerned about fixing the reduce performance problem. I figured I wouldn't worry about the other glitches and complaints later.

When I found out from Fisker that after examining the inverter it was not defective this led me to believe that in the process of replacing the inverter and re-flashing the computers that the re-flashing itself fixed the performance problem and all the other complaints, like heat coming from one side of the car and cold on the other side, the parking brake error messages and the vehicle overall performance better. Even though I speculated as to what the problem really was I was overjoyed and happy to have my vehicle back in all the problems gone.

The other glitches have not returned but the reduced performance error is back and a warm or cold reset does not correct this the problem.

Samuel

#12 ·
Samuel
Understand that the inverter might of been bad it's very hard to duplicate real world conditions on a test bench unless the inverter was installed into another car you never know.
I haven't seen to many inverters go bad and never heard of one going bad a second time. The needs to be hooked up,to Prodis and proceed from there .

#13 ·
Harleyguy

They dealer along with Fisker went through the diagnostic procedure and concluded that the problem was the front inverter. Based on what I was able to understand the inverter cannot be field tested. The conclusion that the inverter was bad was based on Prodis trouble codes along with other test done by the dealer working with Fisker.

Although the inverter cannot be field tested without installing it into another vehicle as you suggested Fisker engineers have specialized equipment and the ability to test a inverter without installing it in a vehicle. At least this was my understanding.

Samuel

#17 ·
Didn't get specifics but someone local in Chicago, he also has purchased parts and spoken to Travis several times. He is also working on building his own replacement tie-rods for the Karma as he feels the ones sourced from Turkey are expensive and poorly designed.

#20 ·
Unfortunately I have this problem exact problem & was told i might have a bad inverter or it could have been 1 of the cooling pumps. They replaced the pump so "im guessing it may be the inverter. What was the end result on your fisker?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.