[Merged] Town Hall on August 29, 2012. Proposed Questions and Summaries - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Default [Merged] Town Hall on August 29, 2012. Proposed Questions and Summaries

Thought this was pretty useful last time around. So let's brainstorm on some key questions we'd like to ask on tomorrow's townhall. I'll start:

- What is the current roadmap for near and medium term software updates (e.g. 2013MY)?

- Please provide us with an update on when the other CC features will be implemented.

- Any further enhancements planned for the Command Center (e.g. hardware retrofit to make it faster)?

- Are there really no planned enhancements to the navigation system for current Karma's on the road?

- It appears a few have had problems with the RDM - is Fisker aware of this? Any clarity you can provide on why the RDM has had problems on some cars?

- The fan replacement. Is this from the same vendor that provided the faulty fan? I've heard it replaces two actual fans in the current Karma - will this single fan solution be adequate to cool the requisite components?
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Default RE: Town Hall Tomorrow - Questions to ask

Related to the fan replacement, and battery, I'll add the question of when we should expect to hear from our dealers about this? I haven't yet, and don't want to rush things, but also want to know if I need to get proactive.

Also, what does it take to get on Fisker's email list? I didn't get an annoucement of the last town hall meeting. I emailed Fisker and asked them to add me to their owner list, and they didn't respond. The nice summary on the forum met my needs, but I'd like to be on their email list. I did receive a battery recall notice via US mail, so they do have my name.
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Can we get improvements to the performance?

Why was the performance de-tuned?

Can we control the performance better?
- possible to get the full 403hp without the ICE?

And of course all of the command center questions...
will is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

How about being able to set the charge time so that you can take advantage of Time Of Use electricity rates. Almost all other electric cars provide this feature including the Volt. Seems this should be easy as the Karma certainly knows what time it is.
2012 Karma EcoSport Inferno/Canyon #1188
1966 Pontiac LeMans Sprint, Propane Powered
marswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage

Things I'd like to ask:

1) Why did the town hall meetings go from the original intent of Monthly to roughly Quarterly?

2) What are the actual sales numbers?

3) What is the status of an official Fisker online forum? This was promised during the last town hall. Failing that, why does Fisker actively refuse to participate in this forum and discourages employees and retailers from doing so?

4) What is the status of the Fisker Owner's Council? I'm ostensibly a member and I have no idea

5) What changed with the relationship with EVConnect? Are they no longer a partner?

6) Does Fisker have a *proactive* media/marketing strategy? There's is virtually no advertising in traditional luxo-car media and channels. Fisker seems to always be playing catch up and on the defensive to bad news. Is there any plan to get out in front and drive the narrative? What about the Leo DiCaprio relationship; will that bear fruit any time soon?

7) Why did LaSorda step aside? Is he still involved with the company?

8) Is Fisker actively engaged in discussions with potential strategic partners/suitors? (I doubt they would actually answer this question, but how they choose not to answer will be revealing as well)

9) Any plans to have owner drives/events anywhere other than southern California? How about showing some love to those of us on the east coast, and to the Fisker family in other countries/continents?

10) What is the status of the dealer network? Is Fisker gaining dealers? Losing them? What about gaining markets and losing markets? Why?

11) Why do you think Elon Musk has to be such a tool?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

What's the link to be able to register for the town hall?
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

I was invited to the last 2 town halls via email, i didnt get an invite this time, had to contact them about it & did get registered. They said the invites went out via a different email address & so "it could have gone into my junk or bulk box"...i check that pretty regular, never saw anything so not sure i buy that but i was able to get registered...this should be an interesting one.
txam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

- When will the solar screen and remote cabin conditioning work?

- Can the 'hold key fob button to lower all windows' feature be disabled in a future software update?

- Will Bluetooth audio control bugs (sometimes works sometimes doesn't) be fixed soon?
drliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drliu
- When will the solar screen and remote cabin conditioning work?

- Can the 'hold key fob button to lower all windows' feature be disabled in a future software update?

- Will Bluetooth audio control bugs (sometimes works sometimes doesn't) be fixed soon?
Totally agree with the "lower all windows" feature. It happened to me during a bad rain storm when I went to dinner. Took a day to dry out the interior.
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

I think mid-speed passing power boost should also be a question - is there any way Fisker can give us more power at mid-speed like 60-80mph for passing?
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote