Help! Complete Brick - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
FiskerJoe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Default Help! Complete Brick

I drove my Fisker around yesterday as usual. Drove it home and plugged it in. When I went out just now, it was *completely* dead. I mean nothing lights up, the buttons, e.g. lock release don't work. I had to open it with the manual key from the passenger side. I just got this out of shop following a nearly 4k bill (after owning it for exactly one month).

Someone please tell me this is something simple. (but, if you can't tell me that an honest appraisal of what I might be up against would be appreciated).

-Joe
joeupshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Need to find out what caused the car to go dead did a Fisker dealership work on the car.It might just need a new 12 volt battery and yes it can die just like that . You also need to check the voltage output of the APM . Thats the computer located on the drivers side close to the firewall that has the red cover over the positive lead.Use a volt meter while the car is in ready mode and see what the voltage is at the APM
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
FiskerJoe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Thanks, so much, for replying, HarleyGuy.

So, I did take it to a Fisker tech today after I quit freaking out and thought clearly enough to jump start it, I took it in and they tested everything (in front of me). We got right at 13 v at the APM. I also had them test the OBCM with their charging cable and mine. I has them take the pAnel off and test the 12v as well.

So, the good news is that nothing expensive seems to be malfunctioning. The bad news is we still really have no idea what caused it and, hence, no idea if it will happen again.

Would you mind moving to Atlanta ;-)

-Joe
joeupshaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

I like Atlanta but not that much .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeupshaw View Post
Thanks, so much, for replying, HarleyGuy.

So, I did take it to a Fisker tech today after I quit freaking out and thought clearly enough to jump start it, I took it in and they tested everything (in front of me). We got right at 13 v at the APM. I also had them test the OBCM with their charging cable and mine. I has them take the pAnel off and test the 12v as well.

So, the good news is that nothing expensive seems to be malfunctioning. The bad news is we still really have no idea what caused it and, hence, no idea if it will happen again.

Would you mind moving to Atlanta ;-)

-Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
I like Atlanta but not that much .
If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

this happened to me one year ago. Car dead in my garage with no mechanic within 100 miles. Lasted 10 days and then car started up on its own, and never had a problem since. Guess the Karma needed a little R&R
Mikey43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

You mean in the middle of the night the Karma started honking the horn to get you out for a drive............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey43 View Post
this happened to me one year ago. Car dead in my garage with no mechanic within 100 miles. Lasted 10 days and then car started up on its own, and never had a problem since. Guess the Karma needed a little R&R
CA_MP4 is offline   Reply With Quote