Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/)
-   -   How many of you have received an entire HV battery change? and what is the outcome? (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/1554-how-many-you-have-received-entire-hv-battery-change-what-outcome.html)

Karma 2012 07-30-2012 12:18 PM

How many of you have received an entire HV battery change? and what is the outcome?

Hi Fisker Buzzers,

I am guessing Fisker is using the VIN to determine which HV batteries are affected. Has anyone actually completed the swap? and what is the outcome?

DNAGuy 07-30-2012 12:44 PM

RE: How many of you have received an entire HV battery change? and what is the outcome?

I had to have my HV battery replaced after about 2 months of driving because the one supplied with car refused to take a charge...It was a lengthly process (~2 weeks) before the factory techs could visit my dealer and approve the replacement. Then the new battery would only partially charge and required another visit to finally determine (~1 wk) that there was an air bubble in the cooling system of the battery. Once that was repaired everything has been fine...There is no observable difference in range or chargin between the old and new batteries.

Buck

Karma 2012 07-30-2012 10:57 PM

RE: How many of you have received an entire HV battery change? and what is the outcome?

Buck, thanks for sharing your experience. I will report my result of HV battery replacement after a few days. Crossing my fingers !

SoCalGuy 07-31-2012 12:20 AM

My Karma decided it no longer wanted to charge this weekend. Need to take it in and figure out what's going on. It has a brand spanking new on-board charger, but it sounds like the relays aren't opening up when I plug in (although it makes the clicks for the fan).

michaelCA 07-31-2012 07:57 AM

I will get my car back today with the new HV battery and 6.28 update. I will report later if I see any difference.

Stefan 07-31-2012 11:42 AM

How many of you have received an entire HV battery change? and what is the outcome?

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelCA
I will get my car back today with the new HV battery and 6.28 update. I will report later if I see any difference.

Michael, what was the reason to get your HV battery replaced?

Tx Stefan

DNAGuy 07-31-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
My Karma decided it no longer wanted to charge this weekend. Need to take it in and figure out what's going on. It has a brand spanking new on-board charger, but it sounds like the relays aren't opening up when I plug in (although it makes the clicks for the fan).

So Cal Guy,

That sound like exactly my experience when it eventually resulted in an HV battery replacement (see above thread. I hope your issue gets resolved in more timely fashion than mine.

Buck

michaelCA 07-31-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan
Quote:

Tx Stefan

I had a suddenly loss of power between 3-8 miles left and the ICE did not kick in during Stealth Mode. Continue in this mode I got a warning "loss of Energy". Besides that I had only 30-35 miles per charge.

DNAGuy 07-31-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan
Quote:

Tx Stefan

I had a suddenly loss of power between 3-8 miles left and the ICE did not kick in during Stealth Mode. Continue in this mode I got a warning "loss of Energy". Besides that I had only 30-35 miles per charge.

Stephan,

I would not expect an increase in range with the new HV battery. i have found I can significantly increase HV battery range by using Sport mode for 5-10 seconds when accelerating to enter highway or climbing a hill. That can add as much 10 miles to the HV range without impacting gas usage much at all.

Buck

EVer1 08-01-2012 04:12 PM

[/quote]

i have found I can significantly increase HV battery range by using Sport mode for 5-10 seconds when accelerating to enter highway or climbing a hill. That can add as much 10 miles to the HV range without impacting gas usage much at all.

Buck
[/quote]

I'm going to try that - good tip!