How many of you have received an entire HV battery change? and what is the outcome? - Page 3 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default RE: How many of you have received an entire HV battery change? and what is the outcome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelCA
I wrote earlier in this post that I just got a new HV battery. I received the car with power for 34 miles and drove it down 20 miles. Then I put it on my 220V Schneider charger for at least 4 hours. When I got into the car the display showed 34 miles???
Ok, I thought I may did something wrong, but today I started to charge at 25 miles and after 4 hours I only got 39 miles. :-(!!!
Anybody any idea what could be the problem. I have doubt that my Schneider charger went bad. It worked before the HV change very well. The battery was fully chargerrd in less than 5 hourss.
Michael,

That is exactly what happened with my HV battery (see earlier post). It turned out to be an air bubble in the HV battery coolent that was somehow disrupting the cooling or triggering an alarm during charging. When the system was bled and refilled, the problem was solved.

Buck
DNAGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #22 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

One of my 15 battery cells is no longer fully charging. The engine light remains on all the time now. The car still charges to 50 miles, but depending on my driving and use of accessories determines when the charge drops off. It was going from 19 miles left to 0 for a while. Recently I've got it going to 14 from 0 miles. Lamborghini/Karma of West Palm quoted me $14,000 for a full battery replacement with a warranty. Going to hold off until the current battery no longer charges. Don't fix it if it's not broken attitude.
Wdavidkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ira

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdavidkl View Post
One of my 15 battery cells is no longer fully charging. The engine light remains on all the time now. The car still charges to 50 miles, but depending on my driving and use of accessories determines when the charge drops off. It was going from 19 miles left to 0 for a while. Recently I've got it going to 14 from 0 miles. Lamborghini/Karma of West Palm quoted me $14,000 for a full battery replacement with a warranty. Going to hold off until the current battery no longer charges. Don't fix it if it's not broken attitude.

You should be able to replace the defective module for a fraction of the cost. However, if your CSP is concerned about the reliability of the entire battery, you might want to act sooner rather than later. There have been several instances (including the disastrous Consumer Reports test drive in 2012) where Karmas have became completely immobilized. It's one thing to be bricked by the battery during the day on a dry test track; and quite another to be stuck at night on a highway in the middle of a rainstorm.

Just sayin' . . .
Karma - Shadow/Canyon #1292
Ira is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2018, 07:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post
You should be able to replace the defective module for a fraction of the cost. However, if your CSP is concerned about the reliability of the entire battery, you might want to act sooner rather than later. There have been several instances (including the disastrous Consumer Reports test drive in 2012) where Karmas have became completely immobilized. It's one thing to be bricked by the battery during the day on a dry test track; and quite another to be stuck at night on a highway in the middle of a rainstorm.

Just sayin' . . .
Most Karma Dealership will only replace the complete battery most of the dealers donít have any idea how to replace one module and be able to balance the module before itís installed . Iím not even sure if Karma sells just a module . Also the batteries they are selling is also old stock .

Myself and Joe can take credit when it comes to module replacements and buying the equipment to do it correctly. I was taught how to service the hv battery when Fisker closed its door and passed that information over to Joe and that was late 2013 .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quoted: 60 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdavidkl View Post
Sound like you might have two bad cells. When I have one bad cell, it drops to 0 from around 7-8 miles. When I had two bad cells, it would drop to 0 from mid to high teens.
2012 Fisker Karma EC Earth/Earth #1466
Purchased 3/24/2012
ufojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:32 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Default Check your private messages

Wdavidkl'

Check your private messages on this site. Might prove to be solution to your

battery issues . SS
ss89 is offline   Reply With Quote