New Fan Sound - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default New Fan Sound

I'm in texas and it is above 100 most days now. Today the loudest fan I have heard come out of this car came on and stayed on while I was above 5 miles/hour. It was loud enough that it felt like it was vibrating the car. I am presuming this is some fan to keep the battery cool?

Anyone else ever had this fan come on? It was significantly louder than the usual fan that you can hear running as when I came to a traffic light, it sounded like a jet was reving down. It sounds like almost that it is too loud and that something is wrong, but no warnings came on.

I let the car shut down completely for 30 minutes and drove again and it started up again.

Anyone had that who is in the heat?
bigdaddyo811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Default RE: New Fan Sound

Also in Texas. With the windows closed I never hear a fan sound. After parking, when I step out a fairly loud, IMHO, fan is on but gets quieter within seconds. After that its the usual fan, no louder than some other cars in the lot who have their A/C cooling fan(s) running. Lasts about 2 minutes.
Bert Yetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

In stop and go traffic in Dallas, I definitely get a high pitched fan coming on. It is just like big daddy0811 described. It does go away as you drive at speed 60mpg for a while, but will reappear at stop or creeping. I think it is normal and just another level of keeping things cool on hot days without much air moving across the radiators.
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyo811
I'm in texas and it is above 100 most days now. Today the loudest fan I have heard come out of this car came on and stayed on while I was above 5 miles/hour. It was loud enough that it felt like it was vibrating the car. I am presuming this is some fan to keep the battery cool?

Anyone else ever had this fan come on? It was significantly louder than the usual fan that you can hear running as when I came to a traffic light, it sounded like a jet was reving down. It sounds like almost that it is too loud and that something is wrong, but no warnings came on.

I let the car shut down completely for 30 minutes and drove again and it started up again.

Anyone had that who is in the heat?
Same here in Florida. Yesterday, I thought the ICE started up in stealth mode, the sound was louder than normal and had a vibration. It turned out to be a cooling fan but not the normal sound I often hear. It turned off after drving at speed (50 mph) and then returned in city traffic. I'm guessing it normal for extreem heat conditions.
fisker579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

The ice fan is a variable speed fan so the hotter the engine temperature gets the fastest the fan runs .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Today I heard an idling M/B convertible in a parking lot that was AT LEAST twice as loud as any fan noise I've heard from the Fisker.
Bert Yetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
rex

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

At 107 degrees outside in nor cal, I also heard a louder than usual fan when at slow speed. I was driving only in stealth, and the car had been sitting in the baking heat, charging, and it seemed another level of cooling than I had been used to. No problem per se, just different that what I had heard before, and some reassurance or explanation from fisker or any one in the know would be nice.
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I am 6.28 and I heard this fan also the first time yesterday. Exactly the same as descriped. It feels somehow wrong. You can feel the steering wheel and even the gas pedal vibrate slightly.
michaelCA is offline   Reply With Quote