[Moved] Help no display, infotainment center or drive gears - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default [Moved] Help no display, infotainment center or drive gears

Hello,

My 2012karma ever 12volt battery died. After unsuccessful attempt to trickle charge it I replaced it with the same type of amg battery. Now I have no display, no infotainment center and no ability to put into drive, reverse, neutral and park does not light up. Car seems to initiate fine and lights come on but for all practical purposes it has become a beautiful paperweight . Hard reset of both HV and 12volt systems have been performed as well as no fuses are blown and none blew. Of course this is only in the fuse block under the hood. At a loss!!!!!

Last edited by Fabulist; 07-28-2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Thread posted in the wrong forum
parkydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)

Yes I've had this happen on a couple of cars. Lost one at the Philly auto show. 12v died rather suddenly. It corrupts the software in the VCM (vehicle control module) most likely not booting down properly due to low voltage. It loses the wakeup signal it is supposed to send out to multiple modules including CIU (infotainment), PRND, and various others also instrument cluster DIS. Usually a reflash of VGM (gateway module) then VCM takes care of it. Need to get it to a dealer(one of us) for that though.
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)

Where are you located at very common problem here in South Florida most of my customers don't use the car for months at a time . You need to get a good trickle charger I install this one all the time .
Amazon Amazon
If you don't have a local dealer the VCM will have to be removed and sent to Fisker to be reflashed .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the info. I am in Houston Texas and have no idea where the closest dealer is.
parkydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkydude View Post
Thanks for the info. I am in Houston Texas and have no idea where the closest dealer is.
A couple of choices you have one find a Fisker tech who has the Fisker program and try and reflash the VCM or find a local shop you could trust to remove the VCM and send it to A Fisker dealership like myself and I can send it to Fisker and have them reflash it . Also need both set of keys in order to have it recovered . You can PM me if you have any other questions .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)

I'm currently traveling in Florida, though on my return trip to California there's almost always a layover in Houston. I can schedule my return trip around getting together with you and re-flashing the vehicle as I fly through. Just let me know either here via PM or through my website.

Owner of Fix The Karma LLC
http://www.fixthekarma.com
Lormax is offline   Reply With Quote