Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/)
-   -   First flat tire...rear sidewall cut. Testing tire sealant now.... (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/1514-first-flat-tire-rear-sidewall-cut-testing-tire-sealant-now.html)

Need4Speed 07-15-2012 06:34 PM

First flat tire...rear sidewall cut. Testing tire sealant now....

I took the Karma out for a road trip vacation and starting getting a low tire signal indicator right as I pulled up to the cabin.

Tire was completely flat this morning. I used the tire inflator and sealant to get her back up.

Local Walmart was open on a Sunday and pulled the wheel off to inspect. There was a cut in the sidewall.

The sealant appears to be holding, so I will see how far i can make it.

I called a few places that are open today, but no one stocks them. Started west of San Antonio and headed back to Dallas.

Does anyone know if our Karma's came with any kind of road hazard warranty on the tires from Goodyear? I believe my last Viper had something like that from Goodyear.

drliu 07-16-2012 12:01 PM

RE: First flat tire...rear sidewall cut. Testing tire sealant now....

You might want to try tirerack.com-- usually they can ship me tires faster than my dealer or mechanic can get them.

Urojet 07-17-2012 07:15 PM

I had my tire slashed by a "wellwisher" but fortunately had purchased a rim and tire insurance from my dealer prior to the incident. I also had a nasty scuff on my rim. The insurance took care of everything- they replaced with a new tire and the rim looks brand spanking new.
I paid $1500+ for 5 year insurance- well worth it!!!
I got it through my dealership- Fisker of Orlando/Veronica Olson.

SoCalGuy 07-17-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urojet
I had my tire slashed by a "wellwisher" but fortunately had purchased a rim and tire insurance from my dealer prior to the incident. I also had a nasty scuff on my rim. The insurance took care of everything- they replaced with a new tire and the rim looks brand spanking new.

Wow! That's one of my biggest worries...And because of that, I do limit where I park my Karma.

Urojet 07-17-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
Quote:

Originally Posted by Urojet

Wow! That's one of my biggest worries...And because of that, I do limit where I park my Karma.

I should have listened to my wife and driven the bimmer. You gotta listen to them sometimes :D

BillyO 07-19-2012 11:19 PM

[quote=Urojet]
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Urojet' pid='15518' dateline='1342563345
[/quote

I should have listened to my wife and driven the bimmer. You gotta listen to them sometimes :D

My wife told me I never listen to her. I said, "What?"

kabalah70 07-26-2012 05:09 PM

I had my TPS alert go off and the Diagnostics screen showed the right rear tire low, but showed all the tire pressures at 48 PSI, which is well above minimum. I have a digital tire pressure gage and checked it at the gas station while servicing the tires, which were indeed low, 40 PSI for fronts and 36 for rears, if I am not mistaken, and all of them were less than this.

drliu 07-26-2012 05:12 PM

I had the same problem-- TPMS light went off but the diagnostics screen showed crazy high pressures (56 psi front and 49 psi rear!). Of course when I measured them they were fine (40 fronts 36 rears). I took the car to the dealership and they recalibrated the TPMS sensors (or how the TPMS data is interpreted?) So far so good.

MyColorIsGreen 07-26-2012 05:43 PM

wait.. how do you see the tire pressure for individual tires? I am on 628 and the diagnostics screen doesnt show tire pressure..

does the TPMS need to go off to see this?

drliu 07-26-2012 05:45 PM

Yes, the TPMS needs to go off for you to read the tire pressures at the command center. The diagnostics button gets recolored orange, then when you click it and click "tires" you see the pressures... for about 3 seconds (a bug; they go away much too quickly by themselves!)