Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums

Fisker Buzz Forums (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/)
-   Fisker Karma (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/)
-   -   ticking sound drivers front side (https://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/1444-ticking-sound-drivers-front-side.html)

smithles 06-23-2012 01:32 AM

ticking sound drivers front side

I have been experiencing a loud clicking sound and recorded it recently where it is loudest, in the front lower grill diamond on left. It is after shutting the car off and it ticks or clicks so loud it can be heard 8 parking spaces down in an open parking lot. The sound can be heard for at least 5 min but is generally gone by 8 min. This has only been happening the last 2 weeks. Has anyone else experienced this sound. The car seems unaffected other than the sound? Usually this happens when the ICE has been running yet it was not happening until the past 2 weeks.

Harleyguy 06-24-2012 09:58 PM

RE: ticking sound drivers front side

I'm wondering if your hearing the low temperature cooling fans running the intakes for those fans are the diamond shaped cut outs .

smithles 06-25-2012 02:10 AM

I know I hear the fans but the LOUD ticking or clicking sound was what I was referencing. It reminds me of the ticking on my motorcycle when the exhaust is cooling on my Harley with modified pipes (exhaust).

Harleyguy 06-25-2012 08:23 PM

I know you no what the fans sound like just wondering if the clicking might be a fan going bad

Fabulist 06-25-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleyguy
I know you no what the fans sound like just wondering if the clicking might be a fan going bad

Sorry for being Captain Obvious here, but could the sound be caused by the engine cooling, like the motorcycle exhaust as suggested by @smithles?

Harleyguy 06-25-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabulist
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleyguy

Sorry for being Captain Obvious here, but could the sound be caused by the engine cooling, like the motorcycle exhaust as suggested by @smithles?

Anything is possible but I figured that he knew what that sound was from his Harley just might be the same sound have you ever heard that from your Karma I haven't .