O'Reilly reports Fisker dropping entire electric car program - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Default O'Reilly reports Fisker dropping entire electric car program

The subject heading is an exact quote from Bill O'Reilly tonight, 06/05, on his program....has anyone heard this or know what the **** he is talking about??? He said "this was learned just today"!!! Bill normally has his facts straight, but what i think he was implying is the fact Fisker may not build the karma or atlantic in the u.s. due to the problems with the doe loan, NOT that Fisker MAY DROP ITS ENTIRE ELECTRIC CAR PROGRAM....i hv it recorded & thats his exact quote. If he misquoted, he needs to air a correction immediately....did anyone else see/hear this???
txam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Default RE: O'Reilly reports Fisker dropping entire electric car program

Quote:
Originally Posted by txam99
The subject heading is an exact quote from Bill O'Reilly tonight, 06/05, on his program....has anyone heard this or know what the **** he is talking about??? He said "this was learned just today"!!! Bill normally has his facts straight, but what i think he was implying is the fact Fisker may not build the karma or atlantic in the u.s. due to the problems with the doe loan, NOT that Fisker MAY DROP ITS ENTIRE ELECTRIC CAR PROGRAM....i hv it recorded & thats his exact quote. If he misquoted, he needs to air a correction immediately....did anyone else see/hear this???
So, let's see, they are going to drop their entire EV program and do what, go back to manufacturing scissors?

Note that Fisker has never stated that they aren't going to manufacture cars in the U.S.

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
O'RLY is wrong about pretty much everything else; why would you think he is right about this?

"Tide goes in, tide goes out, you can't explain it!"
ct-fiskerbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

Exactly my point, makes zero sense. I love my car, hv had just minor issues, i'm sick of the media piling on bad press for what is an awesome car & i like O'Reilly....ridiculous. I really think Fisker should be more proactive in warding off false accusations in the media, Fisker pr needs to step it up
txam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Do you have any link to a video/audio/print version of O'Reilly's segment. I ask because I've searched Bill O'Reilly's website, and there is nothing about the Fisker Karma ceasing production of electric cars from either today's program nor yesterday's program. Are you sure you heard correctly?
Weird Fishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct-fiskerbuzz
Quote:
O'RLY is wrong about pretty much everything else; why would you think he is right about this?

Perhaps in your mind O'Reilly is wrong about everything. I too heard this but couldn't find any official info. That being said Delaware Lawmakers speak openly about Fisker never going to produce a single car in the state. These aren't Republicans either they are all friends of VP Joe Biden ......... Its common knowledge in Delaware that the Fisker deal was campaign kickback dollars. I being a car guy and run WMOT-7 TV can't get any info from Fisker as promised so I tend to believe what is being said.
Jimmy Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default O'Reilly reports Fisker dropping entire electric car program

Quote:
Exactly my point, makes zero sense. I love my car, hv had just minor issues, i'm sick of the media piling on bad press for what is an awesome car & i like O'Reilly....ridiculous. I really think Fisker should be more proactive in warding off false accusations in the media, Fisker pr needs to step it up
What exactly can they do? Predict what's going to be said and issue a press release before its said? Many big companies have a "we do not comment on rumors and speculation" policy just for this reason.
AnOutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Biggs
Quote:
Quote:

Delaware Lawmakers speak openly about Fisker never going to produce a single car in the state. These aren't Republicans either they are all friends of VP Joe Biden ......... Its common knowledge in Delaware that the Fisker deal was campaign kickback dollars. I being a car guy and run WMOT-7 TV can't get any info from Fisker as promised so I tend to believe what is being said.
Jimmy,

What you said do not add up.

How can the Fisker loan possibly be a kick back? It is a loan and not a grant. If it were a grant, it could be called that. For a loan, Fisker needs to pay the loan back. Currently, the loan is stopped and not even in play.

If Fisker never going to produce a single car in Delaware as suggested by the lawmakers? How can it be a kick back to Delaware?

Now, because you are not granted an interview by Fisker, you therefore believe whatever you heard on the street about Fisker. Is that logical? And you are a TV car reporter guy? No wonder we have so much misinformation.

Sparky168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky168
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Delaware Lawmakers speak openly about Fisker never going to produce a single car in the state. These aren't Republicans either they are all friends of VP Joe Biden ......... Its common knowledge in Delaware that the Fisker deal was campaign kickback dollars. I being a car guy and run WMOT-7 TV can't get any info from Fisker as promised so I tend to believe what is being said.
Jimmy,

How can the Fisker loan possibly be a kick back? It is a loan and not a grant. If it were a grant, it could be called that. For a loan, Fisker needs to pay the loan back. Currently, the loan is stopped and not even in play.

If Fisker never going to produce a single car in Delaware as suggested by the lawmakers? How can it be a kick back to Delaware?

Now, because you are not granted an interview by Fisker, you therefore believe whatever you heard on the street about Fisker. Is that logical? And you are a TV car reporter guy? No wonder we have so much misinformation.

When VP Biden was in the Delaware plant announcing the deal two years back Mr Fisker promised access to everything (to keep Delaware up to speed on the plant) I have been given ZIP ZERO NADA access. When talking to the state representatives they all just laugh about the deal. BOTTOM LINE is its common knowledge here in Delaware that its not going to happen ........... And Fiskers actions just make what these politicians say gospel
OH and it wasn't kickback to Delaware it was Kickback to the Obama campaign
Jimmy Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky168
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jimmy,

When VP Biden was in the Delaware plant announcing the deal two years back Mr Fisker promised access to everything (to keep Delaware up to speed on the plant) I have been given ZIP ZERO NADA access. When talking to the state representatives they all just laugh about the deal. BOTTOM LINE is its common knowledge here in Delaware that its not going to happen ........... And Fiskers actions just make what these politicians say gospel
OH and it wasn't kickback to Delaware it was Kickback to the Obama campaign
I don't know the fact. Imagine in the last two years, Fisker has been nose to the grind stone with the Karma. With Delaware, I just read they have some workers clearing out the old plant and recycle the material. Until last year, loan money stopped, so everything came to a halt. Not sure if there is any interesting news possibly come out from Fisker on the Delaware plant.

Now, supposedly Fisker is talking with DOE about the loan. Should they do the talking in public?

Just my two cents.
Sparky168 is offline   Reply With Quote