Brake pedal blocked by some part. - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Brake pedal blocked by some part.

I have experienced and visually verified that there is a part that hangs down and just above and between the "gas" and the brake pedals. Sometimes this part (seems like a hard plastic tube) blocks my foot from its mission to STOP the car. Has anyone else noticed this?
There is much worry on my part that if this BRAKE BLOCKER causes an accident a clever attorney could run this back to Fisker Automotive. It really looks like a global recall issue to me.
Feedback?
JSPONSLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default RE: Brake pedal blocked by some part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONSLER
I have experienced and visually verified that there is a part that hangs down and just above and between the "gas" and the brake pedals. Sometimes this part (seems like a hard plastic tube) blocks my foot from its mission to STOP the car. Has anyone else noticed this?
There is much worry on my part that if this BRAKE BLOCKER causes an accident a clever attorney could run this back to Fisker Automotive. It really looks like a global recall issue to me.
Feedback?
You don't say. Definitely a trip to the dealer. Do you have some duct tape handy? Tape it up so it is out of the way. I did that once in my 69 Dodge Fargo van...amazing love machine.
Sparky168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky168
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONSLER
Feedback?
You don't say. Definitely a trip to the dealer. Do you have some duct tape handy? Tape it up so it is out of the way. I did that once in my 69 Dodge Fargo van...amazing love machine.
Do you have a picture of the obstruction? Actually, duct tape is not a bad idea as a temporary fix. You can even get it with cool designs printed on it to match the interior of your Karma. For example:

Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)

If something is hanging down it needs to be looked at .Too the left of the brake pedal is the VCM only thing between the brake pedal and the gas pedal is the steering shaft and just in front of the gas pedal towards the seat is the AC duct but it shouldn't be loose .From what I've seen some people when they move their foot from gas to brake hit the AC duct with their toe .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist

Do you have a picture of the obstruction? Actually, duct tape is not a bad idea as a temporary fix. You can even get it with cool designs printed on it to match the interior of your Karma. For example:

I am guessing that would be for an EcoChic with Glacier interior.
kabalah70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy
If something is hanging down it needs to be looked at .Too the left of the brake pedal is the VCM only thing between the brake pedal and the gas pedal is the steering shaft and just in front of the gas pedal towards the seat is the AC duct but it shouldn't be loose .From what I've seen some people when they move their foot from gas to brake hit the AC duct with their toe .
OK that must be it. The part is not loose and it does have a duct shape. I am also interested to hear I am not the first to make note of this. I have a very real concern that a driver could get into an accident if unable to quickly get to the brake pedal. I think the Fisker engineering team should look at this and address it in the near future. As for duct tape, I am in Alaska the wonder kingdom of duct tape but I am not really looking for silly answers here.
JSPONSLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

I will make a note of it and mention it too them . If it becomes a real problem for you please let us know . I will try and take some pictures so others can see what you feel
Old 06-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage

I have large feet and have never had any interference when braking my Karma. After reading your posts I climbed into the footwell of my Karma and could find no part that could interfere with my brake pedal.

It seems that your issue is unique to your Karma and should be addressed by your dealer. If you are dissatisfied with the service from your dealer you can contact Fisker Consumer Affairs at 1-855-575-7577, Option 2 [6am 7pm (PST), Monday through Friday].

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

I just like to point out something most people rest the heel of there foot on the carpet and pivot the tip of there foot from gas to brake . I found out the people that lift there foot off the floor and move their whole foot over from one pedal the other hit the duct .Hope you understand what I mean
Old 10-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It'll still brake straight if it's allowing it to flow towards the calliper. Had the issue before myself which I found out by boiling my brakes and then removing some skin on my fingers when I touched the alloy wheel...
---------
car locksmith chicago
berekdinda is offline   Reply With Quote