CEL upon door opening while charging - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default CEL upon door opening while charging

Does anyone know whether the CEL coming on if you open the door while charging was addressed in the recent updates? I had that problem while on 6.13. I was updated to 6.14 and 6.15 at the same time right after 6.15 came out. I haven't opened the door while charging in case that issue is still present. It would be nice to know if that issue was settled with 6.15.
ixtractm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Default RE: CEL upon door opening while charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtractm
Does anyone know whether the CEL coming on if you open the door while charging was addressed in the recent updates? I had that problem while on 6.13. I was updated to 6.14 and 6.15 at the same time right after 6.15 came out. I haven't opened the door while charging in case that issue is still present. It would be nice to know if that issue was settled with 6.15.
In last week's webinar they said there is a download available from the dealer (post 6.15) to fix the CEL while charging issue. It will be rolled into 6.20 which is planned for mid-June release.

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage

I have 6.15 and as soon as I got home after that update and plugged in, my uncle who wanted to see the car, opened the rear door. Boom. My first ever CEL. Still on, no other mechanical issues from it. It's just annoying I can't see digital speedo.
SoCalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy
I have 6.15 and as soon as I got home after that update and plugged in, my uncle who wanted to see the car, opened the rear door. Boom. My first ever CEL. Still on, no other mechanical issues from it. It's just annoying I can't see digital speedo.
I experinced the same issue as SoCalGuy. everything worked fine till i updated to 6.15. My car is in the shop now to fix the CEL, but when I went to pick it up my proximity sensors acted up, so they now are waiting for the parts to replace those sensors -- should have the car back monday. Ted Britt been good and gave me the Demo Fisker to drive while I wait for mine.

I aslo asked them to look at the TSB #254120035.01 that I found https://fiskerbuzz.com/forums/Thread-Front-wheels-click

Nin ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Yes, there is a fix available.

It's not part of 6.15, it was released as a separate downloadable patch shortly after 6.15 dropped. When I took my car in for 6.15 I had them deploy both.

See this thread for more information about the patch and other CEL/MIL issues.

Brent
Old 06-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Herleyguy or any other Karma gurus: is there a way that we can definitely tell if our vehicles have the post-6.15 patch that fixes the CEL/door opening bug? I.e., a software version screen? If so, could you please tell us what we should look for? I just received mine with 6.15 but the dealer wasn't clear if the post-6.15 patch was installed.

Thanks very much!
drliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)

Ok I will try and chime in on this patch .After 615 came out Fisker released two other software updates one for the EBCM and one for the Traction motors and the Generator inverter it's separate software . The software helps correct false setting of certain codes I can't go into any more details about them . Will they help yes they will are more updates coming out yes too that also . When 620 comes out all of these patches I would assume will be added to the software package . I can tell you this I've opened and closed doors while the car has been charging on 110 and 220 many times and haven't set any check engine lights . Just remember there are also many other systems that can control the CEL . Like I've said before we are moving forward
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy
Ok I will try and chime in on this patch .After 615 came out Fisker released two other software updates one for the EBCM and one for the Traction motors and the Generator inverter it's separate software . The software helps correct false setting of certain codes I can't go into any more details about them . Will they help yes they will are more updates coming out yes too that also . When 620 comes out all of these patches I would assume will be added to the software package . I can tell you this I've opened and closed doors while the car has been charging on 110 and 220 many times and haven't set any check engine lights . Just remember there are also many other systems that can control the CEL . Like I've said before we are moving forward
I just received the latest update 6.28 and as soon as I got home and put it on charge and opened the door the CEL went on . I am fed up with them not being able to fix this annoying problem
[hr]
Quote:
No, it has not. I had the 6.28 installed on Friday and it does nothing to address the open door while charging problem. This is a real hassle.
rmalzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Wow, that's a surprise, and disappointing if your situation is typical of what we can expect. I'm getting 6.28 as I type.

[/quote]

No, it has not. I had the 6.28 installed on Friday and it does nothing to address the open door while charging problem. This is a real hassle.
[/quote]

drliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

It is interesting that this such a complex problem. In my case the CEL does not come on if I open the door while charging.
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote