Reduced Performance / Contact Service Center error message - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Default Reduced Performance / Contact Service Center error message

I received this message on my dash tonight for the first time. I saw this image posted on the Fisker Karma Owners Club Facebook page. It is the same as the message that I saw tonight. I did a hard reset by disconnecting the main power cable under the hood. Checked car twice since then with no further problems. Hopefully not the start of a problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10255363_10203119159315157_7103368146022380183_n.jpg (72.9 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by BHale1; 05-13-2014 at 10:10 PM.
BHale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)

Lots of different reasons why that message can come up, so please don't think that whatever the other persons problem was is the same as yours. It's just like the CEL. Same light, different codes in two different cars.

With that said, when did it come up? Were you driving? Engine on or off? Did you happen to check the codes before doing the hard reset?

Edit: Just noticed that's the EXACT same photo from the Facebook page, so it must not be your car. Did you have any battery miles left when the message came up?

Owner of Fix The Karma LLC
http://www.fixthekarma.com
Lormax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

The car had been parked at work all day. It came up when I powered on the car. The engine was not running. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture or write down any error codes (I don't remember seeing any). I copied the photo from the Facebook page since I did not have one from my car, and it looked like the same message. I used the car twice last night and twice today with no further problems. If it happens again, I will either take a picture or write down everything including error codes. I was worried that maybe it was the start of a battery problem since my battery was never replaced in the recall. I saw previous threads in this forum from over a year ago about this error message, and it looks like it was an inverter problem for that person. If it is really a generalized error message like CEL, then I guess my problem could be completely different. Hopefully I won't see it again.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHale1 View Post
The car had been parked at work all day. It came up when I powered on the car. The engine was not running. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture or write down any error codes (I don't remember seeing any). I copied the photo from the Facebook page since I did not have one from my car, and it looked like the same message. I used the car twice last night and twice today with no further problems. If it happens again, I will either take a picture or write down everything including error codes. I was worried that maybe it was the start of a battery problem since my battery was never replaced in the recall. I saw previous threads in this forum from over a year ago about this error message, and it looks like it was an inverter problem for that person. If it is really a generalized error message like CEL, then I guess my problem could be completely different. Hopefully I won't see it again.
If its a battery problem the fault will occur again drive the car run the battery down when you get close to 10 miles left on battery note if the miles decrease or all of a sudden they drop too zero .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

I ran the battery to 0 miles tonight and drove about 9 miles on gasoline. I did not see anything unusual. Hopefully all will remain well.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)

Do you have a code reader that you keep in the car in case it does happen again?

Owner of Fix The Karma LLC
http://www.fixthekarma.com
Lormax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

The thing that is the most concerning is that this error usually comes up for P030X (misfire when the ICE comes on). Being that this one came on for no apparent reason other than the car being turned on points to a myriad of potential issues. I wouldn't worry about it till it happens again (or a few more times). Go grab yourself an OBDII scanner and next time read the codes on the scanner and post the codes in this thread. The issues can range from an inverter performance issue (usually due to heat) to a corrupted flash to many other potential problems. When you powered on the car did it show only the battery miles or show the ICE miles when it went to RPM? I have seen both and they mean very different things.
smoothoperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

I don't have an OBDII scanner. I looked on Amazon and they range from $17 to $99 in price. Does anyone have a recommendation for a particular OBDII scanner? When the error code occurred at start up, the total miles were displayed and rapidly decreased to 0.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

I've used this:
Amazon Amazon
$10.99
+ this: http://torque-bhp.com/
for my Android phone. It works very well.
2012 Karma EcoSport Inferno/Canyon #1188
1966 Pontiac LeMans Sprint, Propane Powered
marswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Owner #1926

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage

I had this happen to me last weekend as well.

It was in the morning after the car had been charging all night. I went to power up and the "reduced performance..." message came up and the miles quickly counted down in red, all the same lights as the above picture - also couldn't put it in drive. Powered down, let the car go to sleep and tried to start it up a 2nd time ... CEL was the only light still on (the error message was gone) but I still couldn't put it in drive (neutral, yes, but no to D or R). So for attempt #3 , I powered down, let it go to sleep and locked the doors and let it sit for about 10 min. Upon power-up, still had the CEL, but now I could put it in drive, etc. So I moved the car out of the garage and proceeded to wash it for a show. Moved it back into the garage after with no problem, just the CEL light still on. Then later drove to the show with the CEL on, no issues other than that (didn't take a scan yet because I couldn't remember the proper sequence of car mode - all teh way on vs accessory?). Had to move the car once after shutting it down at the show and upon this power up, the CEL was gone! So that's 5 total power ups before it went back to normal on its own.

Has anyone had a CEL clear on its own?

Its been fine since then.
Roberta'sKarma is offline   Reply With Quote