Battery Range indication - Page 5 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #41 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

car is in the garage now an I will be away for a week of holidays and after that I will have a brand new battery! hope to enjoy my Fisker even more afterwards :-)
Old 06-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #42 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Harley/Lormax/Smooth: can the amount of charge that a 0 mi battery drinks until it gets fully charged inform us of the health of the battery? My most recent charge from 0 mi till full accepted 18.83 kWh. This number has been pretty constant over the past two years; occasionally I get charging in the low-to-mid 19.XX kWh.
drliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #43 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drliu View Post
Harley/Lormax/Smooth: can the amount of charge that a 0 mi battery drinks until it gets fully charged inform us of the health of the battery? My most recent charge from 0 mi till full accepted 18.83 kWh. This number has been pretty constant over the past two years; occasionally I get charging in the low-to-mid 19.XX kWh.
Can anyone comment on this? What are your zero-to-full charge kWh values?

Thanks!
drliu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #44 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:

Thanks!
Back in the day, when my Blink! charger had some actual intelligence, it would upload my charging activity to Blink's servers and I could get a report on how much power was used for every charge.

The overnight charge, from zero to 50 miles indicated range, would very consistently average 19 KWH. I have the data if you like to see it, but it was extremely consistent over the 14 months the charger was reporting data. The actual energy stored in the Karma's battery was 17KWH (85% of 20KWH). The rest was wasted as heat and used to run the machinery that is involved in the charging process, including cooling pumps, etc.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:20 AM   #45 (permalink)

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)

Quote:

Thanks!
Rate of charge and kWh required to charge are generally poor indicators of battery state as charging the battery is done without high demand. The best indicator is rate of discharge when the battery is loaded under a high current draw. However true that a battery that wont charge as quickly as it used to, or wont hold a charge as in household applications does indicate a failure, this is not typically the case with these batteries. Every one I've seen fail has been noticed on discharge. It is possible that it becomes imbalanced due to a faulty module dropping off and that will require a longer charge time to balance but probably wont affect the overall kwh.
Hope all that mumbo jumbo helped...
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote