Battery Range indication - Page 4 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #31 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Thank you very much guys. I am getting a
Clearer picture now my dealer told me to fully run down the battery than load it fully, unplug it and restart the charging again. That should bring the battery in balance again (after doing it several times). Can somebody confirme?
So to do so I will unplug the 12V battery and drive as long as I see the "no more energy" message. Than I connect the 12V again. Question is does the car respectively the engine after that?
No just drive your car. The out of energy screen indicates a problem with the vehicle. If you drive your car and take it down to 0 and charge it via the HV connector (EVSE) back to 50 miles you will be fine. The battery will balance itself when left plugged in.
smoothoperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Thank you very much guys. I am getting a
Clearer picture now my dealer told me to fully run down the battery than load it fully, unplug it and restart the charging again. That should bring the battery in balance again (after doing it several times). Can somebody confirme?
So to do so I will unplug the 12V battery and drive as long as I see the "no more energy" message. Than I connect the 12V again. Question is does the car respectively the engine after that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothoperator View Post
No just drive your car. The out of energy screen indicates a problem with the vehicle. If you drive your car and take it down to 0 and charge it via the HV connector (EVSE) back to 50 miles you will be fine. The battery will balance itself when left plugged in.
Also, just in case it is not clear from the responses above, do not disconnect the 12V battery. It has nothing to do with the problem and you will not be able to start the car without it. Just start and drive the car on Stealth mode to 0 miles EV range, and then charge it up again.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

but that's exactly my problem: I drive the car nearly every day to zero range left and charge it fully during night time. nothing changes. Next day it falls down to zero again at about 17 miles left. The battery capacity indication still shows about 1/4 left of capacity, the range left is at zero and the engine kicks in.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #34 (permalink)

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)

Demand screenshots of the trouble codes and the battery voltages from Emil Frey. Email them over or post them here. I wonder if they are just trying to get out of fixing a potentially expensive problem.

Owner of Fix The Karma LLC
http://www.fixthekarma.com
Lormax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:53 AM   #35 (permalink)

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)

Cars got a bad module.
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:02 PM   #36 (permalink)

I see it exactly like you: Car has a bad module but Emil Frey tries to avoid to have to fix a potentially expensive problem. But there's where I am. They sent me a message today to just runt the car to battery capacity 0 (Range indication, not Battery capacity), charge the car, unplug it for a view minutes and plug-in again. that should start the re-balancing process. I will do that for a couple of days now and see wit it changes anything. If not I would be very happy if I can organize some screenshots and share them with you Lormax. It seems we Fisker enthusiastic here in Europe may need somebody like you :-)
Old 05-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #37 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

I don't understand what's going on here I could of sworn 34 posts ago I mentioned the car has a bad module or week . The car can and will run with a bad module as long as that module only has one or two maybe three bad cells. I'm not trying to brag I've probably done three times the amount of battery repairs then any other tech I know . Unfortunately no two cars are the same problem and each car has to be handled like that .

I have a car on my lift now with a battery problem I have at least 25 hours of labor trying to get the car fixed . I've taken the battery in and out at least 10 times if we didn't own the car I would of walked away from the job . Unlike A123 who had or has test equipment that trouble shoots the battery out of the car we have to do it by other means
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #38 (permalink)

just to let you know guys. My dealer offered me a new battery which I will get in the next two weeks. I'm sure the problem will be gone afterwords.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #39 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)

Wow and should I ask who's footing the cost of the replacement battery . I received a call from Hungary a couple a days ago a customer was looking for a battery .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #40 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

@rabbit, congrats on that success. I sure hope your problems will be gone afterwards. let's cross fingers that this will not be common fate for all fisker owners...
Proud owner of a Fisker Karma EcoSport - Shadow #1648
MisterH is offline   Reply With Quote