The new Fisker website... - Page 5 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #41 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Regarding the new Fisker site. It does look better than the old site, but it's not really that complicated. It's just a WordPress site with a few plug-ins.
You are right, It is a $50 Wordpress theme with images from the old site dropped in. Something that can be done overnight (If you have all the copywriting done). They couldn't of spent more than few hundred dollars on it. But does look good for a quick temporary site.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #42 (permalink)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

HarleyGuy - when you are in IT as I am, as well as a few others on this board, and you see a corporate website registered to a personal GMail address and a site that was very easily put up with very little effort it sets off some alarms. Understand that we deal with viruses and hackers and email fraud day in and day out. Its our job to be suspicious because people out there use the Internet for all kinds of devious activities. Having said that I am very happy to hear this is legit and am excited about thenewfisker.com.
souza3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #43 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Some of you guys have very active imaginations. lololol

As for the website being a cheapie Wordpress template. Who cares!!!!!?? I would much prefer them to spend a few hundred bucks (on a website) and direct more energy on getting the CAR right. Unlike Fisker Automotive who blew hundreds of *thousands* on their website and gave us a CIU that sucks balls...amongst other things.
Sandy Eggo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #44 (permalink)

Mentioned: 148 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
Some of you guys have very active imaginations. lololol

As for the website being a cheapie Wordpress template. Who cares!!!!!?? I would much prefer them to spend a few hundred bucks (on a website) and direct more energy on getting the CAR right. Unlike Fisker Automotive who blew hundreds of *thousands* on their website and gave us a CIU that sucks balls...amongst other things.
Amen on all the above topics .I guess some rather Fisker spend a 100K on a new site instead of coming up with a warranty plan.
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:10 AM   #45 (permalink)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Eggo View Post
I wasn't disparaging the website. This was pretty much my point. A simple WordPress site is better than the previous site they supposedly spent thousands on.

Though, there are some things about the new site that lack some basic professional touches. Seems more like it was made on spec.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #46 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I just reviewed the site and sent my comments to them through their "contact" page. I would suggest that we ALL send a message through their site to register our collective interest and to request that we each be included in their corporate communications to hear directly from the "New" Fisker.

Northern Ohio, Naples, and Phoenix
TIMCANTWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #47 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMCANTWELL View Post
I just reviewed the site and sent my comments to them through their "contact" page. I would suggest that we ALL send a message through their site to register our collective interest and to request that we each be included in their corporate communications to hear directly from the "New" Fisker.
i did that last week, got no response.
P90XMC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #48 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

As the owner of a Fisker Karma and a former advertising copywriter, I have a few thoughts about www.thenewfisker.com.

The website looks cheap. The first photo you see, under the headline 'Be Brave & Bold', is that of a Fisker badge. That photo needs color correction worse than anything I've ever witnessed because the orange part of the badge reads way more red than it really is.

The writing is amateurish. Not even a student copywriter would present that to the creative department of an advertising firm with the hope of getting a summer internship. Some of the wording is embarrassingly doubtful ("We...truly believe we can launch the Atlantic, Surf and Sunset..."); other phrases are so tortuously constructed that they read like legalese instead of casual, friendly advertising writing ("We are diligently assessing the viability of utilizing that plant as it was originally intended."); and the writer also included far too much information about Fisker Automotive's untimely demise. This company needs consumers to forget about the bankruptcy, not be reminded of it.

As for that 'Contact Us' page, let us pray that there is someone in charge of responding to questions in a timely manner.

I'd say this 'New Fisker' website is even worse than the advertising put out by the 'Original Fisker'---and that was *atrocious*.

However. I think we can all agree that Wanxiang's primary concern at this point should be refining the Karma and restarting production of the car rather than presenting a totally polished image. I am hopeful Wanxiang will turn this mess around.
Weird Fishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #49 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage

i did that too last week, got no response.
Ccoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #50 (permalink)

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerc View Post
Idk maybe I'm wrong. It seems like a lot of work for no reason, but something seems fishy. It's such a cheap site, if it turns out to be legit hopefully they won't be as cheap with running Fisker.
It wasn't a lot of work, and I like being thrifty. Companies that watch their pennies tend to stay in business.... and it looks very good for an inexpensive WordPress site.

But this is a high end automobile, and you don't have a second chance to make a first impression. "Image is everything". You would think after the Bankruptcy that someone would would have the keys to rev up the original site, (not the one they stuck up after they closed their doors)... and not have to resort to someone personally applying for a completely new domain name. It is all very odd indeed. Hopefully they will quickly retain a very creative Ad Agency to re-kickstart their brand.
steven is offline   Reply With Quote