Mystery setting on light stalk - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default Mystery setting on light stalk

The light stalk has a temporary position if you twist it fully clockwise. I can't figure out what this does and don't see any reference to it in the owner manual. Any ideas?
Skibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
Default RE: Mystery setting on light stalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibum
The light stalk has a temporary position if you twist it fully clockwise. I can't figure out what this does and don't see any reference to it in the owner manual. Any ideas?
You're probably enabling the rear fog lamp. The outermost LEDs of the reverse light (above the license plate) glow bright red when engage to improve the visibility of your car from behind in fog.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePalmBJ
Quote:
You're probably enabling the rear fog lamp. The outermost LEDs of the reverse light (above the license plate) glow bright red when engage to improve the visibility of your car from behind in fog.
You sure? Why would that be a temporary setting, and in the opposite direction of the light settings? In order to enable that I would have to switch my lights off!

Old 03-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Quote:
You sure? Why would that be a temporary setting, and in the opposite direction of the light settings? In order to enable that I would have to switch my lights off!
It's not a temporary setting, it is a momentary switch. Twist in once, the rear fog lamps come on, and you will see a fog lamp indication light up in the top center area of the instrument cluster. Twist it again, and the fog lamps and indicator extinguish.

In customer support this is referred to as a RTFM moment. Oh, that's right, we still don't have a manual.

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis
Quote:
Quote:
It's not a temporary setting, it is a momentary switch. Twist in once, the rear fog lamps come on, and you will see a fog lamp indication light up in the top center area of the instrument cluster. Twist it again, and the fog lamps and indicator extinguish.

In customer support this is referred to as a RTFM moment. Oh, that's right, we still don't have a manual.
I believe Skibum is actually referring to the headlight control on the end of the stalk. On my Karma the Off position is actually a momentary position. The control returns to Auto position when released.

I also received the manual with my Karma.
Don A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thx Don. That makes sense.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don A
I also received the manual with my Karma.
Thanks, I didn't know they had started to deliver manuals. I called my sales rep and he is getting me one.

dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Wow, I have had my owner's manual since 25 Jan guys. Didn't know people were without or I would have mentioned it a long time ago. Get your manuals.
kabalah70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

This is the only reference I found about the light switch on the stalk - for me, one of the most annoying features and I hoped it was lack of understanding on my side - is it really true that there is no permanent 'off' position?

So the lights turn on for 5 seconds every time I get out of the garage and when I get into the garage - that cant be good for the Xenons?
CA_MP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_MP4 View Post
So the lights turn on for 5 seconds every time I get out of the garage and when I get into the garage - that cant be good for the Xenons?
As 'accepting' of what is truly important in Life as I've been trying to become all of my adult life, I'm still anal about certain matters and things like this is one of them.
I don't know if it's a VIN number thing or a country thing - but the momentary twist of my light stalk, turns off the automatic headlights. So what I do when I go to start the car (which is in a garage), is that I first press the START button but without touching the brake. This turns the car on to ACC mode. In that position, I rotate the lights stalk - this turns off the automatic headlights. Then I depress the brake pedal and press the START button to start the car. Voila - the vehicle is now operational and the Xenon lights never came on.

I'm not an avid reader, so reading the owner's manual is taking me forever. Fortunately, I read about the ability to turn off the automatic lights, early on.
Double is offline   Reply With Quote