The Winner - Page 3 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #21 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

warranty for existing owners is a big question mark. I agree with many of you that parts can be reverse engineered. On the logo issue, I'm sure they will come to agreement, otherwise our cars are even more rare.

I saw a Delorean today ..... Still looks great. I doubt parts are plentiful for that car.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:22 PM   #22 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Ocean View Post

I saw a Delorean today ..... Still looks great. I doubt parts are plentiful for that car.
The news sounds very good to me. I'm actually glad that it went the way it did since at least there is a plan to move forward. Also Wanxiang has been doing a large business in the US providing parts to the big 3. Now lets see if all the legal crap can be moved forward and actually make it happen.

By the way I also own a Delorean and parts are easier to get now than my other new big 3 cars. Don't have to mess with any dealers, just go to a website and pick the parts from the exploded views. Delorean Houston bought all the assets after a bankruptcy and is re-building and re-manufacturing parts as needed.
sterling500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:18 PM   #23 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

According to the presentation that I linked yo in another thread (http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/194...mode=slideshow)

1. Wangxiang plans to expedite restart of production (second half of 2014)
2. Concerning parts - there is multiple issues here - wangling has the right to assume the contracts Fisker entered into if they Cure any defaults, some companies have said in court filings that they are willing to allow that assumption but disagree about the cure amount,some companies like Harleyguy said even if they didn't object to the winning bidder assuming the contracts that they simply can't produce the product for various reasons (visteon, for example)
3. It is clear in the filings that a lot of the tooling Fisker owns,
4. Customer support will start immediately and replacement parts at "cost" will be supplied
5. It seems there partner in the US will be VL Automotive
6. They will produce the "Atlantic"

Anyway please read the presentation.
asulil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2014, 01:43 AM   #24 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

The presentation from WX is now outdated. We have to wait and see what the court filings say. Also I personally strongly doubt VL has the capability to produce anything at this point. Transitioning Karma production to the US will take minimum one year. Firstly the plant has to be set up and then it has to be certified for conformity of production especially if they wish to export the vehicles. If Suppliers are no longer capable of producing components it could also take a minimum of 6 months to find a new supplier. Not to mention realistically Fisker has lost many key employees that had through knowledge of the vehicle, company and processes. Rehiring will be difficult and hiring new individuals will take time. WX is now $150mil in and they will need at least that much to attempt a restart.
Having said all this. I wish them all the best there are multiple improvements to the vehicle that are ready to go. I want to see them on the road again.
kraxzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey43 View Post
Think that it is equally important that we know that ALL parts will eventually become available, and that a dealer network will be re-established. And certainly, this should establish a more realistic market for our cars in the future.
I hope they figure out a better answer to the dealer situation. I would much prefer warranty work and non-warranty work be administered by the techs and dealers that have stayed with their customers. My dealer, O'Brian Auto, is not worth dealing with, (pun intended)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling500 View Post
By the way I also own a Delorean and parts are easier to get now than my other new big 3 cars. Don't have to mess with any dealers, just go to a website and pick the parts from the exploded views. Delorean Houston bought all the assets after a bankruptcy and is re-building and re-manufacturing parts as needed.
This model sounds better to me than working with a dealer who abandoned all of his customers, hasn't communicated and doesn't honor commitments. Most people and their businesses are wonderful in the good times, it is in the bad times that the true character is revealed. There are a few dealers who stuck with their customers, I would prefer to do business with them. My ideal model would be to establish those businesses as hubs and for them to provide parts and service via qualified techs to locations further away.

Sterling 500 - let us all know which new automotive technology you are planning to purchase next. I might choose to wait and see if I am planning the same purchase.
EVer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)

Hey we stuck through it the whole way and wouldn't have it any different. I've been a dealer service tech/foreman and manager for the last 20+ years. Its all about building relationships with clients through honest service. We're happy to say all of our original buyers but 1 are still driving their Karmas, from Pittsburgh PA to the Jersey shore. We promised our owners that we'd always remain to support them. We have multiple dealers of other brands and service is the backbone. Even though its not a profitable entity at this point, I find all of our owners to be great people and never give me a hard time, in fact I've become personal friends with many. Any dealer that has walked away has put dollars and cents in front of these relationships, a shame but realistic business.
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:31 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling500 View Post
The news sounds very good to me. I'm actually glad that it went the way it did since at least there is a plan to move forward. Also Wanxiang has been doing a large business in the US providing parts to the big 3. Now lets see if all the legal crap can be moved forward and actually make it happen.

Delorean parts are readily available, because Delorean produced parts to construct 30,0000 cars prior to going out of business. I wish Fisker had done so.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Karma View Post
Delorean parts are readily available, because Delorean produced parts to construct 30,0000 cars prior to going out of business. I wish Fisker had done so.
Agree, they had a lot of inventory but remember that was >31 years ago now. Reason why the parts are still available and being re-manufactured as necessary is because there is money to be made by doing so servicing the <6500 cars still around.
sterling500 is offline   Reply With Quote