Karma on the rebound - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Default Karma on the rebound

Tings may be getting better or at least looks it .Despite the Consumer Reports incident I received a phone call yesterday and the dealer I work for sold another three cars .
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Default RE: Karma on the rebound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyguy
Tings may be getting better or at least looks it .Despite the Consumer Reports incident I received a phone call yesterday and the dealer I work for sold another three cars .
The dealer in Orange County may sell 40 cars or more this month, I am told. The car is too beautiful and too great a driving experience to be held back.
Charged in The OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Even Frank Kent in Ft. Worth had sold 9 Karmas as of last week.
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

A friend once told me even bad press is better than no press. Many more people are aware of the Karma now as a result of the CU incident. And once they see and drive a Karma they will fall in love
Karma31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd
@Sigurd - I'm interested in knowing how well the Karma is selling... there are currently 245 Karmas listed on cars.com. I wonder how many of these are actually on dealer lots. For example, Frank Kent in Ft. Worth has 12 cars listed on cars.com... do you know if these are all sitting on the FK lot, or are most on order and have been selling when they arrive?
matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix
Quote:
@Sigurd - I'm interested in knowing how well the Karma is selling... there are currently 245 Karmas listed on cars.com. I wonder how many of these are actually on dealer lots. For example, Frank Kent in Ft. Worth has 12 cars listed on cars.com... do you know if these are all sitting on the FK lot, or are most on order and have been selling when they arrive?
There were 6 Karmas sitting there last week including their demo. There is no Fisker sign there and the cars were sitting under a covered area outside. Not a very impressive presentation. And, the cars were fairly dusty/dirty.
I'm curious as to how Sewell is doing and how they're presenting the cars. I think Dallas is most likely a better market than Ft. Worth.
I have confidence that Karma sales will pick up as we are driving the cars around. Everybody is very interested in this car and I think at the price point it is at, the value is definitely there.
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

I hope they are selling ans selling at sticker for everyone's benefit....
Ross a klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross a klein
I hope they are selling ans selling at sticker for everyone's benefit....
To my knowledge, yes that is the case.
Charged in The OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma31
A friend once told me even bad press is better than no press. Many more people are aware of the Karma now as a result of the CU incident. And once they see and drive a Karma they will fall in love
A famous politician named Huey P Long was quoted as saying "there is no such thing as bad press as long as you spell my name right and put it on the front page".
MArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix
Quote:
I think we talked about this a little while ago. Probably some of the 245 cars listed are for immediate sale, while others are there just to draw attention. I think a Florida dealer came on the forum advertising an Inferno for immediate sale. Not surprised to see Karma's available given that some people will get cold feet / change their mind re color combo, and that dealers will also want to unload their original demo cars. It's like with everything else - if you can live with the color combo / specs, you are better off buying the car off the lot. Haven't heard anything about discount (except one on a slightly used Karma - if I remember correctly the one used by Top Gear for their review, and having ~2000 miles on. In the end, the more sold, the better for everybody.
svp6 is offline   Reply With Quote