Fisker Buzz Forums banner

New Owner of 2 brand new Fiskers

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  clsr2nrvna 
#1 ·
Just purchased a brand new white and silver Fisker. Probably crazy since i bought with no warrenty but i've been obsesed over this car and couldn't decide on the white or the silver so we bought both....Awesome ride!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.....Looking for a wall mounted charger since the ones that came with the car take forever to charge and get very hot when they're done charging. Has anybody experience this?

#2 ·
Welcome to the Forum and yes the 110 chargers get hot they really need a dedicated outlet and not one that uses a GFI and if you use an extension cord it has to be a heavy duty one not one of those $19.95 ones. Go to www.clippercreek.com and look into a level 2 charger they cost around $525.00 those use 220V it's the only way to go . Faster charging cleaner charging I find the Karma likes the 220 charger more then the 110 lol .

#6 ·
Hi Curcio,
JR, the service manager of Fisker Palm Beach was just telling me about you buying the two cars after asking him if he had a silver one. BTW, I am using a Schneider EVlink to charge my car. I they are sponsoring National Plug-in Day. Will you be there? (Waterfront Commons
West Palm Beach, FL). I'm still on the fence.

#8 ·
Way to go BIG !! If anything happens to one of them, you have your own parts supply. Genius.

I have the Schneider EVLink. You can buy it online at Home Depot. Read the fine print - they have a version that is specifically tested with the Karma. Make sure you get the right one if you go with this brand. I think it was $700 or so. I spent another $250 to have it installed with a local electrician.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.