Fisker Buzz Forums - View Single Post - Brake pedal and ICE A/C
Fisker Buzz Forums

View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Charged in The OC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Default RE: Brake pedal and ICE A/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePalmBJ
My $0.02:

1)When you step on the brake petal both friction and regnerative braking are engaged. The first .25G of decelleration is all accomplished via regenerative braking. Anything beyond that is friction braking. Even with <.25G, the braking system does energize the calipers though, readying the pads against the rotors in case additional braking is suddenly called for. Also, the regen is not engaged if the battery is at capacity. It's all invisible to the driver; when you step on the brake pedal a computer sorts it all out. I suspect that if you hit the brake and throttle simultaneously the regen is disabled too; the motor generators can't simultanously create and expend electricity.

2)This happens to everyone. There's a thread somewhere that explains how the HVAC system using coolant as a heat sync to help regulate temperature, and when the ICE is engaged, this coolant can warm up before being brought back in line, and air warmed by the engine is sent through. I find that I keep the car in Recirculation mode on the AC before I engage the ICE the problem of the car blowing warm air on my face is avoided.

Thanks so much LonePalm!!
Charged in The OC is offline   Reply With Quote