Faraday Future's F91 - Page 2 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2017, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePalmBJ View Post
Faraday is counting the people who plunked down $5000 (if any) and everyone who signed up for the no-deposit-necessary "reservation" to get on the mailing list. They did not differentiate between the two in their announcement and I think it's fair to assume that the overwhelming majority of "reservations" do not signal purchase intent.

Yea it looks like ff91 has mid 50's reservations. Pretty similar to the rumored numbers of the Revero has... although I have heard Karma has less than 20 real orders- from retailer sources.
These comments are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among owners of the 2012 Fisker Karma.My words may not be quoted by any third party outside FiskerBuzz forums, without express consent.

PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Yea it looks like ff91 has mid 50's reservations. Pretty similar to the rumored numbers of the Revero has... although I have heard Karma has less than 20 real orders- from retailer sources.
When is KA delivery data on an actual Revero?
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomak View Post
When is KA delivery data on an actual Revero?

Dealers are saying late jan.. but from a video I saw with Jim Taylor (that was apparently done on Jan 8th) he claimed they were still in engineering validation and that cars were still not validated for production.

http://www.industryweek.com/manufact...g-karma-points

Quote:
On getting things off the ground
We’ve made 50, 60 cars, so we’re still in the engineering part of the production that goes to high mileage testing, miles on the road. Software, over-the-air updates, debugging, validation testing—all of that. Cold weather testing—some of my guys drove up here over Christmas and produced a pretty good long list of cold-weather testing [issues]. As far as the plant’s considered, it’s validated, and it’s moved through its stages. We’re still in the final stages of engineering validation, so you should be seeing cars in the next few months.
Dealers (such as Rusnak) are claiming deliveries end of Jan so not sure how this meshes.
These comments are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among owners of the 2012 Fisker Karma.My words may not be quoted by any third party outside FiskerBuzz forums, without express consent.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I passed a Revero on the 73 in Newport Beach the other day, and it started to follow me down to Bristol St. and was trying to get my attention. It ended next to me at a signal light, rolled down the windows and there were 4 suits in the car. Some small talk and the driver said they were the engineering team. He mentioned that they were still working out some 'bugs" in the vehicle and they should be available in a few months.

Hate to say, but the white Revero looked pretty sweet. The slight refinements to the body really stood out to me. Too bad about the ridiculous price tag.
2012 Fisker Karma EC Earth/Earth #1466
Purchased 3/24/2012
ufojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufojoe View Post
I passed a Revero on the 73 in Newport Beach the other day, and it started to follow me down to Bristol St. and was trying to get my attention. It ended next to me at a signal light, rolled down the windows and there were 4 suits in the car. Some small talk and the driver said they were the engineering team. He mentioned that they were still working out some 'bugs" in the vehicle and they should be available in a few months.

Hate to say, but the white Revero looked pretty sweet. The slight refinements to the body really stood out to me. Too bad about the ridiculous price tag.

You will likely be able to purchase the front and rear fascias separately and upgrade your current Fisker Karma in that manner. Shouldn't be that expensive maybe ~4k

Their HQ is on bristol/redhill...currently so that is why you probably ended up in the same spot.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

I had a bit of a chuckle when I read the article:

Quote:
One would think it would be an easy sell to [entice job candidates] to come to California. But it’s not. Detroit feeds on itself, loves itself and people love living here and being in the industry. You go to a normal city, like Newport Beach (Calif.) where we are, and it’s not as auto-centric and consumed with the business. Funny enough, we’ve had quite a challenge drawing people out.
Since when was Newport Beach a normal city lol.. I think it is one of the most abnormal cities in America with regards to median income, dispensable income and just overall wealth. I also think Newport is probably one of the most car-centric cities in America. That is pretty nuts to make that claim. I think the issue is more the company than the industry.. There are plenty of auto manufacturers with head quarters in California, Mazda, Kia, Hyundai, Tesla design etc They have no problem hiring in the area.

Still funny

Old 01-09-2017, 11:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
You will likely be able to purchase the front and rear fascias separately and upgrade your current Fisker Karma in that manner. Shouldn't be that expensive maybe ~4k

Their HQ is on bristol/redhill...currently so that is why you probably ended up in the same spot.
I just want the grill, which should fit they said. You would need to replace the grill and chrome inserts.
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
The styling reminds me of Autocar's review of Top Gear's home-built Extended Range EV, the suis generis Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfNfwNWWphI
If you saw the original Top Gear segment, you should know that the moustache on the front of the Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust was a thinly veiled reference to the Fisker Karma.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
If you saw the original Top Gear segment, you should know that the moustache on the front of the Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust was a thinly veiled reference to the Fisker Karma.
I did back in 2010, when Fisker was not the household name it became two years later, and my recollection is that the moustache was a tribute to the actor Peter Bowles, whose picture featured prominently in the TG Mood Room.

But then again, it was a long time ago, and I may be remembering all of it. Fortunately, the entire episode is available on the TG website and YouTube if anyone wants to refresh their recollection, specifically starting at 1:22.

http://youtu.be/PCSNCs7bwCw

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Top Gear was certainly aware of Fisker at the time, as they were of Tesla. Their goal was to ridicule EVs. They didn't explicitly state it, but I'm pretty sure that's why they invoked Peter Bowles' moustache. The design inspiration bit was very similar to a video Fisker had put out earlier.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote