Charging In the Wild - Page 8 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #71 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)

This was a new experience for me. I was excited to find two unused chargers near my destination yesterday, only to find out that the chargers offered only ChAdeMO and DC Combo charging, neither of which I could use with my Karma. When I came back later, there was a Leaf charging using the ChAdeMO port at 100KW (30x our level II charging rate). The Revero comes equipped with the DC Combo port, but I don't think it can use the full 100 KW. Still, it's pretty impressive to be able to charge an EV up to 80% in 20 minutes. (Note: The EV-only spot is on the left side of the hashed space. My car was parked in a standard parking space and I was definitely not blocking access to the charger.)

Incidentally, the charge was not cheap. EVGO was going to charge me $5.95 to connect and another $0.20 / KWH. They do offer plans for frequent chargers, but the drop-in charge is pretty steep, IMHO.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641

Last edited by Fabulist; 02-11-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #72 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage

I didnt snap a pic but yesterday I rolled into the Malibu Country Mart and plugged into the free charger right next to where the TESLA club was having a gathering. They looked at me and my white Karma like we came from another planet. lol. Next time I will snap a pic. The Karma was the best looking EV there by a mile.

Fisker Karma EcoStandard
White Sand w/ Black Interior
VIN 0407
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote