Charging In the Wild - Page 7 - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #61 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)

Last week, I attended an event in Palo Alto's McLaren dealership (FKA Silicon Valley Fisker and McLaren Dealership) for the unveiling of the new McLaren 650C Spyder. As I pulled in, the valet, without hesitation, directed me to the spaces in front to park next to the McLarens, Ferraris, and Lambos other guests had driven to the event. I parked in the second row because that's where the charging stations were and they still worked, so I plugged in. Nice to see that our Fiskers still rank up there with the more pedestrian exotics, and they are far rarer. Amusingly, people who showed up in Teslas were sent to the back lot away from public view. That may have something to do with the fact that there is a Tesla dealership right next door.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #62 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
Last week, I attended an event in Palo Alto's McLaren dealership (FKA Silicon Valley Fisker and McLaren Dealership) for the unveiling of the new McLaren 650C Spyder. As I pulled in, the valet, without hesitation, directed me to the spaces in front to park next to the McLarens, Ferraris, and Lambos other guests had driven to the event. I parked in the second row because that's where the charging stations were and they still worked, so I plugged in. Nice to see that our Fiskers still rank up there with the more pedestrian exotics, and they are far rarer. Amusingly, people who showed up in Teslas were sent to the back lot away from public view. That may have something to do with the fact that there is a Tesla dealership right next door.

Very nice. Did they have the P1 on hand, as they did a few weeks ago? Or the (road car) F1 by chance?
konig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #63 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by konig View Post
Very nice. Did they have the P1 on hand, as they did a few weeks ago? Or the (road car) F1 by chance?
They had the P1 on display and there was a lot of this going on:

Which made it difficult to get close to it and take a good look.

At one point, Alessandro fired it up and revved the engine, which sounded like a thousand angels having simultaneous multiple orgasms, or maybe that was just me.

They are unquestionably brilliant cars.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641

Old 06-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #64 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default More Chargers at SFO

SFO has been adding more Level II chargers at the different parking structures. On Friday, I flew to LA for the day and parked at this charger in the hourly parking structure. The charging is free, but the parking is pretty pricey since it is considered short-term parking. But I would park there for short trips anyway, and the free charging is a nice bonus. Interestingly, there was no time limit at this charger and I left my car there all day. The Tesla S charging at the opposite stall was there when I got in and was still there when I left.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #65 (permalink)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Your best photo yet, Fab.
Signature Edition Karma #72
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:07 AM   #66 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
Your best photo yet, Fab.
Thank you. It's difficult to get a bad shot of this car, it has no bad sides.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #67 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default My First Public Charge in Manchester, NH

It should come as no surprise that public charging infrastructure in New Hampshire has some developing to do before it catches up with the infrastructure in Northern California. Lucky for me, the tech company Dyn is located two blocks from my house, and they very generously provide free, unrestricted level II charging at their office. Today, I took my car over and plugged in. Their parking lot seemed totally deserted, so I did not feel guilty about taking over one of their guest parking spots. This is a real stroke of good fortune because I cannot install a charger at my apartment, and at least for now, I only have Level I charging available at work. Thank you, Dyn. Just for this, I may convert my free DynDNS account to a paid one.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:43 PM   #68 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I was at the Boston Airport today, and it turns out that they have quite a few free charging stations and even preferred parking spots for Hybrid vehicles. I was not there very long, but a charge is a charge.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:52 PM   #69 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Got a free charge at the San Francisco garage under Union Square, with three other generations of EVs. From the far end: Fiat 500E, Tesla Roadster, Tesla Model X, and (my favorite) Fisker Karma.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #70 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Garage

I post my pictures on Instagram

Follow me: jomak.karma
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote