Fisker Coupe/Convertible - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2017, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Default Fisker Coupe/Convertible

I'm going down the path of converting a Karma into a coupe. I own an Inferno and was looking to purchase a black Karma and complete the conversion. It is going to run me about $38k. Wanted to ask: is there any interest out there in having a Coupe? If there were 4 or 5 others, the cost goes down obviously.

I "may" do a second stage conversion after the coupe and make it a drop top, replicating the Sunset; to do a hardtop will be about $200k in engineering and fabrication to go that route, plus another $30k for the chop shop work itself, so may begin with a soft top however unless I can gain some funding for mass conversion opportunity.

Let me know if anyone out there has thought about going the route of a coupe!
SoloKae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)

I have always been interested in having a convertible Karma (or Sunset), but I am not sure how could convert a Karma into a coupe. Would that involve shortening the car's wheel base? A 2-door Karma with the same wheel base would look out of proportion, IMHO, but maybe I am missing the picture.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Early Adopter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloKae View Post
I'm going down the path of converting a Karma into a coupe. I own an Inferno and was looking to purchase a black Karma and complete the conversion. It is going to run me about $38k. Wanted to ask: is there any interest out there in having a Coupe? If there were 4 or 5 others, the cost goes down obviously.

I "may" do a second stage conversion after the coupe and make it a drop top, replicating the Sunset; to do a hardtop will be about $200k in engineering and fabrication to go that route, plus another $30k for the chop shop work itself, so may begin with a soft top however unless I can gain some funding for mass conversion opportunity.

Let me know if anyone out there has thought about going the route of a coupe!
i always felt given the dimension and lack of room in the rear, a coupe was the better choice for the KARMA - i sent a note to Henrik to suggest the same. The current 4 door karma makes no sense given the limited space. A 2+2 like the maserati grandtorismo was the better way to go -- interested to see what you come up with.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
I have always been interested in having a convertible Karma (or Sunset), but I am not sure how could convert a Karma into a coupe. Would that involve shortening the car's wheel base? A 2-door Karma with the same wheel base would look out of proportion, IMHO, but maybe I am missing the picture.
I'll have a preliminary mock-up soon in photo form. I really want to do this right if moving forward and one of my concerns was actually the wheelbase being too long. After viewing the Buick Avista concept however (that will also never go into direct production), the profile inspired me. The lengthier wheelbase if having the doors scoop back another 30 to 34 percent may actually set it off--would be pretty dramatic. Conceptually, I may explore having a inverted bowed door with a slightly aggressive bottom line that coincides with some of the diamond elements of the car (a la the Acura Precision concept car doors, but softer): http://www.automobilemag.com/news/th...-up-on-design/

Will share on this thread when drafted to gain some thoughts, then refine a bit.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Coupe concept:

Fisker Karma COUPE CONCEPT.jpg

This is a quick rendering--engineer will be doing a professional rendering with multiple views. I think the wheelbase works well with the lines, makes an already beautiful vehicle look a fair amount more aggressive. Looks like work will be closer to $42k for a prototype but believe I will be biting the bullet and utilize it as a showpiece at minimum. Maybe for giggles, I drive into KA headquarters and park for a day...

Of course, if anyone is interested, pm me.

Last edited by SoloKae; 04-17-2017 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Added to follow-up...
Old 04-17-2017, 11:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)

This looks stunning!

2 questions:
Doesn't Karma need a B pillar?
If the doors are that long, what is the expected space in a parking lot?
Owner of a 2012 Ecosport Shadow, Black Sand Monotone, #730
German Community http://www.karma-forum.de/
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
This looks stunning!

2 questions:
Working through some of this still with engineering. In its simplest form, it requires a B pillar to C pillar conversion obviously to stretch the doors. Flirting with the appropriate execution to gain an alike aesthetic result. The Karma is so long hat I do think this just looks gorgeous which is why I am pursuing this. Parking lot space--the engineer has actually recommended looking at suicide doors--I think that takes away the elegance though. Clearance with a door that length will be more challenging, but I'm not parking my existing Karma in a compact spot ina parking garage or anyplace where I'm wedging out from my door now, so that much I'd just cope with...and smile every time I walk up to the thing!

KA doesn't appear to be terribly progressive yet, but I'd love to have them see this executed, gain an audience and look at producing cars that are similar but different enough to capture new buyers. A Sunset, a Coupe, the Surf--I'm surprised with all that investment they didn't have a car that was a differentiator to the space? A coupe with 100 mile battery life as a hybrid--it pulls a Tesla driver over and I'd venture to guess this design would be working against a new LC500 Hybrid. Right now, the Revero is just a Karma. His rendering here is a sexier Jag XK gone electric.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
This looks stunning!

2 questions:
The engineer was a step ahead on B pillar use--let me introduce you to the Karma Coupe. Should be getting underway in June with a delivery at end of August.

Fisker Karma ENGINEER COUPE CONCEPT.png
Old 04-18-2017, 11:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

So beautiful! Incredible lines and looks like a perfect coupe. Best of luck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Fedkrma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Very interesting.... Looks great!

Dave_Car_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote