How to buy a good Karma - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2017, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thumbs up How to buy a good Karma

Hi everyone,

The internet crossroads brought me to this forum after searching online for more info on the Karma...

I have read a few posts on here and I noticed there are members with lot of experience in owning one as well as actual pro's on fixing them as well. And so I want to ask for your help and guidance on buying the right Karma.

And maybe you have suggested place for service around Orange County or maybe some of the members on here know how to deal with Karma and I will give them the business..

I'm in the market to buy one and I have seen prices from 40K to $55K and 5000miles up to 40000 miles. So can you please give me pointers on what to look for how to avoid potential disaster? I see now on CL few but I have no idea on where to start looking whether is good or bad?

Any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!!!
iTechCNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTechCNS View Post
Hi everyone,

The internet crossroads brought me to this forum after searching online for more info on the Karma...

I have read a few posts on here and I noticed there are members with lot of experience in owning one as well as actual pro's on fixing them as well. And so I want to ask for your help and guidance on buying the right Karma.

And maybe you have suggested place for service around Orange County or maybe some of the members on here know how to deal with Karma and I will give them the business..

I'm in the market to buy one and I have seen prices from 40K to $55K and 5000miles up to 40000 miles. So can you please give me pointers on what to look for how to avoid potential disaster? I see now on CL few but I have no idea on where to start looking whether is good or bad?

Any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!!!
There's a wealth of information here. Take your time, look around and use the Search function a lot. If you have a question that you can't answer after searching for it, post it here and someone will know the answer. I'd be surprised though if something you want to know hasn't already been discussed in detail and is available for you to discover.

In any event, you'll certaiinly want to start by reading this thread:
Fisker Karma - Buyer's Checklist
Old 05-09-2017, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage

I second everything LPBJ said, and about the only thing I'd add is that if I had to replace my Karma tomorrow, I would probably contact Joe to see if he has any for sale, because then you are getting a car that has already been looked at and there are no surprises. If he doesn't, then you'd at least want to run anything you find past him or Harleyguy for an opinion (they have seen it all).

As for where to service the car, type in some city names near you and I'm sure you will find something. I think Alexpop is the guy out there, if you want to search that also.
Karma #328: Shadow on Monsoon Tri-tone
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePalmBJ View Post
There's a wealth of information here. Take your time, look around and use the Search function a lot. If you have a question that you can't answer after searching for it, post it here and someone will know the answer. I'd be surprised though if something you want to know hasn't already been discussed in detail and is available for you to discover.

In any event, you'll certaiinly want to start by reading this thread:
Fisker Karma - Buyer's Checklist

Thank you for taking time and helping out! I love the checklist, nice, short precise and to the point.
I plant to take my time on selecting good one, and from what I see this is the place to be if one owns one or wants to buy one, so I'm glad I found you guys!

Again thank you!
Old 05-09-2017, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I second everything LPBJ said, and about the only thing I'd add is that if I had to replace my Karma tomorrow, I would probably contact Joe to see if he has any for sale, because then you are getting a car that has already been looked at and there are no surprises. If he doesn't, then you'd at least want to run anything you find past him or Harleyguy for an opinion (they have seen it all).

As for where to service the car, type in some city names near you and I'm sure you will find something. I think Alexpop is the guy out there, if you want to search that also.

Sweet deal! Thank you for the recommendation. I will reach out to Joe, what is his member name or avatar, (I tried search did not come up), or you can PM me if you by chance have his contact info, that would be great.

And I found Alex's shop... he is like 5min drive from my house!!! How Awesome is that!!!

Thank you!
Old 05-09-2017, 05:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTechCNS View Post
Sweet deal! Thank you for the recommendation. I will reach out to Joe, what is his member name or avatar, (I tried search did not come up), or you can PM me if you by chance have his contact info, that would be great.

And I found Alex's shop... he is like 5min drive from my house!!! How Awesome is that!!!

Thank you!
Joe Ferrante of Fisker of Cherry Hill is @FiskerPhilly
Alex is @alexpop
Old 05-09-2017, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Perfect, thank you for the fast response LonePalmBJ!
Old 05-10-2017, 12:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePalmBJ View Post
Joe Ferrante of Fisker of Cherry Hill is @FiskerPhilly
Alex is @alexpop
Feel free to stop by any time or call me if you have any questions.
714 697 0557 elitemotorsoc.com
alexpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpop View Post
Feel free to stop by any time or call me if you have any questions.
714 697 0557 elitemotorsoc.com
Thanks Alex,
So far from what I'm reading on here, and Yelp, looks like you will be my go to mechanic for the Karma. And more I read on the Karma, more I get comfortable buying one.

Looks like you have done quite few of them. So I do have some questions for you before I pull the trigger, and I will like to talk to you in person. See you at the shop tomorrow around 4:30pm.