Going to the Karma Cocktail Party tonight in Newport Beach - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2017, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Default Going to the Karma Cocktail Party tonight in Newport Beach

So I got an invite from the new Karma to come to a invite only showing of the Revero at Fashion Island tonight in Newport Beach.

I am guessing we will get to go through the new car and such. I have seen the new Revero driving around Irvine several times in red, white and powder blue.

Will let ya know how it goes.

Brad

Fisker Karma EcoStandard
White Sand w/ Black Interior
VIN 0407
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Cool. Share some pics
flsupraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fisker Miami

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)

Make sure you park your Karma next to a Revero
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2017, 10:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Garage

Well I went, They had two new Karmas up front where you walked in. They were cool, they looked just like mine lol. I sat in the new one, it was cool, pretty similar to mine.

They had valets everywhere and the front area was littered with Ferraris and Rolls Royces and the like of the Orange County "Glitterati". No Fiskers got a vanity valet spot up front. We were wisked away to a parking garage with the rest of the cars.

The event was not a sole Karma event, they were just a co sponsor. My take away was the new car looks great, my car looks great.

Fisker Karma EcoStandard
VIN 0407
Old 05-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fisker Miami

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)

Sad it was a Karma Automotive event but they were only Co-Sponsor couldn't they afford the whole event'
How was the turn out?
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)

Just party time for the Karma execs, need to show some sales and marketing activities. Wonder what their customer acquisition cost is. Guessing over $300,000/car
These comments are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among owners of the 2012 Fisker Karma.My words may not be quoted by any third party outside FiskerBuzz forums, without express consent.

PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
Just party time for the Karma execs, need to show some sales and marketing activities. Wonder what their customer acquisition cost is. Guessing over $300,000/car
In that case, it would have been cheaper for Karma to offer each of us a new Revero in even exchange for our Karma. Since they only plan to sell 1000 Reveros, they could have sold he entire production that way for less that $100K/car.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
In that case, it would have been cheaper for Karma to offer each of us a new Revero in even exchange for our Karma. Since they only plan to sell 1000 Reveros, they could have sold he entire production that way for less that $100K/car.
I agree
flsupraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist View Post
Well the BOM (to build the Karma- a good basis for this one) is around 100k (according to the BK documents etc). So looks like they are going for 30-35% gross margin on these sales...

They are better off building slowly and selling each one at MSRP vs selling at a discounted rate since it is so expensive to build these cars.

The marketing activities probably amount to $xxx,xxx per car at this point since they have been quite active with their sponsorships, tv commercials etc. Can't imagine that these events plus the commercial amounted to more than a few sales. Most of the attendees just went to have a good time rather than for serious interest in the cars. There is still not a single person on earth (from my research) that has publicly admitted on any forum/social media etc that they have purchased this car. Either most of these sales are insider sales or there are very few people who have deposits down on the car. You would think if there were more than a few that were going to purchase this car there would be questions about pre-purchase (remember the early days of the buzz when it was much more active than now as people were awaiting delivery) none of that with the revero which leads me to believe there are very few real sales.
These comments are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among owners of the 2012 Fisker Karma.My words may not be quoted by any third party outside FiskerBuzz forums, without express consent.

PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Garage

they told me they just shipped the first cars to dealers for delivery 80 in total. The party was mobbed and pretty extravagant but the Karmas were just a side show, the Irvine Company was showing their new $4K a month 600 square foot Villas at Fashion Island apartments pretty hard and the local Nobleman Glitter Magazine was doing the whole documenting the who's who thing.

Don't get me wrong it was a scene (albeit a bit of a snob fest). Open bar, full catering, acrobats on trapezes, contortionists in plastic balls in the pool, a pretty good R&B band etc...

The 2 new Karmas where right up front when you walked in but that was the only mention of it that I saw.

Fisker Karma EcoStandard
VIN 0407