Revero Hits the Road - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2017, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
Default Revero Hits the Road

From the Orange County Business Journal:
http://www.ocbj.com/news/2017/may/15/revero-hits-road/

Revero Hits the Road
MEDIHA DIMARTINO
Monday, May 15, 2017

The first batch of Karma Automotive LLC’s Revero luxury plug-in hybrid vehicles is on its way to 10 dealer showrooms in the U.S. and Canada.

The Costa Mesa-based automaker held a private “Delivery Day” event Friday at its 556,000-square-foot production facility in Moreno Valley, with more than 800 employees in attendance.

“Karma has moved from a product development company to an automotive manufacturer,” Chief Revenue Officer Jim Taylor said in a statement.

Karma Automotive launched the $130,000 vehicle in September with some 80 orders on the books but did not set a firm delivery date.

“It’s just ‘when it’s ready,’” Taylor said at the time. “We aren’t in a private equity situation like the prior guys … We’ve got an owner that’s got patient capital. He’s in this for the long haul and the first thing he told us is ‘just get it right.’”

The automaker was known as Fisker Automotive and Technology Group LLC before Wanxiang Group Corp.—one of the largest auto parts makers in China—bought it in a 2014 bankruptcy court auction for $149 million in cash. Wanxiang also owns Fisker’s former lithium-ion battery maker, A123 Systems Inc., which it got in 2013 for about $256 million.

The Revero, is powered by electricity, gas and solar energy and can hit 60 miles per hour in 5.4 seconds.

Orders are placed online and, based on state franchising laws, will be delivered through a network of 10 dealers—four of them former Fisker lots. The automaker is also developing a “Branded Experience Center” at its future corporate headquarters in Irvine.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)

Wonder who bought the cars? seems like these deliveries are "insider" ones since to this day not a single person (I am aware of) has publicly admitted to purchasing one.
These comments are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among owners of the 2012 Fisker Karma.My words may not be quoted by any third party outside FiskerBuzz forums, without express consent.

PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

I've seen at least 5 on the road mostly in the newport/costa mesa/irvine area, all with Manufacturer plates. Parked next to a red one early yesterday morning in the two EV spots next to laguna beach's city. Bob from KA engineering was in the car doing paperwork and we had a quick chat with him professing how much better the Revero was engineered. I still would like to test drive one just to see the difference. Doubtful I would drop 130k+ on a one. With all of my powertrain (electic motors, rdm, ect haven been replaced at my expense, it would be crazy to go down that road again. Still haven't seen the color that is fairly close to my Earth color.
2012 Fisker Karma EC Earth/Earth #1466
Purchased 3/24/2012
ufojoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2017, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufojoe View Post
I've seen at least 5 on the road mostly in the newport/costa mesa/irvine area, all with Manufacturer plates. Parked next to a red one early yesterday morning in the two EV spots next to laguna beach's city. Bob from KA engineering was in the car doing paperwork and we had a quick chat with him professing how much better the Revero was engineered. I still would like to test drive one just to see the difference. Doubtful I would drop 130k+ on a one. With all of my powertrain (electic motors, rdm, ect haven been replaced at my expense, it would be crazy to go down that road again. Still haven't seen the color that is fairly close to my Earth color.
Yes especially for something that is marginally better and will likely have its own set of issues, in the future. 2012 Karma issues are well known and documented.

I prefer the color palette and interior options of the Karma over the Revero. To me the Revero looks gaudy. Also looks like they got rid of Diamond Dust. Will stick to a well sorted 2012
These comments are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among owners of the 2012 Fisker Karma.My words may not be quoted by any third party outside FiskerBuzz forums, without express consent.

PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote