Autoblog Article - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2017, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
DHH
Senior Member
 
DHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Default Autoblog Article

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/09/k...icle-atlantic/

same story....just need a car now
DHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 639
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHH View Post
Quote:

Last fall, Karma was saying that its 550,000-square-foot factory in Moreno Valley, California would be up and running about now. But the timeline has turned into a more vague "some time in 2017," so we'll just have to wait for new about the start of actual production.
Quote:
Oleston said that while the upcoming factory will be able to make more, if Karma sells about 2,000 Reveros, maybe 1,000 of them in the first year, that'd meet the company's expectations.
1000 of them in the first year? it is hard enough finding a single person that has admitted to reserving/ordering one
__________________
PLEASE NOTE:
These comments are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among owners of the 2012 Fisker Karma.My words may not be quoted by any third party outside FiskerBuzz forums, without express consent.

Sign up for our mailing list http://www.pwr-source.com
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Karma Enthusiast
 
jomak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NW Atlanta
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Garage
Default

It's a shame we can't get some version of this CIU. I would like BT to function, it's unusable.
__________________
Lovely Laguna Blue EcoSport Black Sand Monotone #2655
jomak is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-10-2017, 05:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Early Adopter
 
Nin ja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,022
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
1000 of them in the first year? it is hard enough finding a single person that has admitted to reserving/ordering one
powersource, any chance you can look into this https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7df1b5c...ow-up-the.html

and see if we can update our FY2012 batteries with some of this technology ? or is it vapor ware. image a fisker karma with a new battery before a reveno hits the road - all else could be mute -- i'd live with all the other issues if i had a 100 miles or more with my current FY2012 ;-)
__________________
Karma Ecosport eclipse / dune
Nin ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
marswill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 327
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
powersource, any chance you can look into this https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7df1b5c...ow-up-the.html

and see if we can update our FY2012 batteries with some of this technology ? or is it vapor ware. image a fisker karma with a new battery before a reveno hits the road - all else could be mute -- i'd live with all the other issues if i had a 100 miles or more with my current FY2012 ;-)
Hopefully the cars won't go up in flames like their cell phones and like the picture in the article.
__________________
2012 Karma EcoSport Inferno/Canyon #1188
1966 Pontiac LeMans Sprint, Propane Powered
marswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
DHH
Senior Member
 
DHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Default

5 year old cars with nearly 10 year old technology - let's just be happy that they keep running.....
DHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Liked, but not well liked
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 639
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin ja View Post
powersource, any chance you can look into this https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7df1b5c...ow-up-the.html

and see if we can update our FY2012 batteries with some of this technology ? or is it vapor ware. image a fisker karma with a new battery before a reveno hits the road - all else could be mute -- i'd live with all the other issues if i had a 100 miles or more with my current FY2012 ;-)
looks interesting but very sparse on the details (ie chemistry, form factor etc). Looks like they are using some sort of semi-conductor interconnects to reduce the thermal. Will be interesting to see more details.

We are working on a more cost effective battery that is currently in production (with a major OEM)- so some economies of scales there. The issue with exotic technology like this is that it usually costs an arm and a leg at small volumes (if the supplier is even willing to entertain it).

2012 Fisker Karma still has a lot of life left. Hopefully we can get back to engineering once these legal matters conclude.

In the interim, I think sound deadening (closed cell foam) in strategic parts of the Karma can really help with the ICE noise. Maybe in the next few days we can start a new thread on this topic. It makes a huge difference.
__________________
PLEASE NOTE:
These comments are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among owners of the 2012 Fisker Karma.My words may not be quoted by any third party outside FiskerBuzz forums, without express consent.

Sign up for our mailing list http://www.pwr-source.com
PowerSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Early Adopter
 
Nin ja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,022
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSource View Post
looks interesting but very sparse on the details (ie chemistry, form factor etc). Looks like they are using some sort of semi-conductor interconnects to reduce the thermal. Will be interesting to see more details.

We are working on a more cost effective battery that is currently in production (with a major OEM)- so some economies of scales there. The issue with exotic technology like this is that it usually costs an arm and a leg at small volumes (if the supplier is even willing to entertain it).

2012 Fisker Karma still has a lot of life left. Hopefully we can get back to engineering once these legal matters conclude.

In the interim, I think sound deadening (closed cell foam) in strategic parts of the Karma can really help with the ICE noise. Maybe in the next few days we can start a new thread on this topic. It makes a huge difference.
sound great -- i did some sound proofing based on our last conversation, but i did it in the rear when joe updated the RDM. When I see joe next, i'll have him do the front -- seems this new option is an improvement from the material i used in the rear
__________________
Karma Ecosport eclipse / dune
Nin ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FiskerPhilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 853
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Default

Wow, that's some nice work...
__________________
Fisker of Cherry Hill
FiskerPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Early Adopter
 
Nin ja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,022
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiskerPhilly View Post
Wow, that's some nice work...
THE BEST! You make the KARMA great! You provide a HUGE service to us FISKER groupies
__________________
Karma Ecosport eclipse / dune
Nin ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A great EV article DHH The Fisker Lounge 1 05-18-2016 08:55 PM
Interesting Article srqboater Forum Information 6 10-20-2015 03:37 PM
New review from Autoblog SoCalGuy Fisker Karma 0 11-02-2012 03:43 PM
Article... metalica23 Fisker Karma 16 10-03-2012 01:59 PM
New review of the Karma from Autoblog Wimbledon Fisker Karma 3 02-28-2012 08:12 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.