Ideas on Maintenance in Northern Virginia - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 01:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
HokieKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default Ideas on Maintenance in Northern Virginia

I've had my Karma for over one year and I'm looking for ideas to get its annual maintenance. As all the guys in NOVA know Ted Britt abandoned the owners they sold to so I'm hesitant to call them, although I know they's probably do it.

Does anyone have a good solution to getting her looked at?? I know there must be at least two or three other owners in the area that must be running into the same issue about now.

Thanks.
-jeff
__________________
2012 Fisker Karma
2012 BMW 5.0 X6
HokieKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mcguiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Catonsville Maryland
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieKarma View Post
I've had my Karma for over one year and I'm looking for ideas to get its annual maintenance. As all the guys in NOVA know Ted Britt abandoned the owners they sold to so I'm hesitant to call them, although I know they's probably do it.

Does anyone have a good solution to getting her looked at?? I know there must be at least two or three other owners in the area that must be running into the same issue about now.

Thanks.
-jeff
I agree Jeff with the DMV (DC MD VA) there has to be a viable option for us. There is always pooling resources and flying Lormax here for 2 to 3days. We need at least 7 karma owners in a pool to generate enough service work.



Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Mcguiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,171
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Default

Forgive me, I don't have a clue as to driving times when it comes to the east coast. A trip to Jersey is being planned. How far is that from you guys?
__________________
Factory Trained and Certified Fisker Tech, operating independently out of Southern California.

Owner of Fix The Karma LLC
http://www.fixthekarma.com
Lormax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
HokieKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcguiver View Post
I agree Jeff with the DMV (DC MD VA) there has to be a viable option for us. There is always pooling resources and flying Lormax here for 2 to 3days. We need at least 7 karma owners in a pool to generate enough service work.



Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'd open up my house for Lormax to stay for free if that would reduce the costs. I also know a couple of global travelers that might give up some sky miles to get him here for pretty much free. I've read some of his threads and I'd love to have him look at my Karma to determine what issues I might have that I have no clue about.

Let's hope other DMV owners see this thread and speak up.

Thanks for the reply.
-jeff
__________________
2012 Fisker Karma
2012 BMW 5.0 X6
HokieKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mcguiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Catonsville Maryland
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lormax View Post
Forgive me, I don't have a clue as to driving times when it comes to the east coast. A trip to Jersey is being planned. How far is that from you guys?
From northern VA 4 hours depending on traffic on 495-I95
From Maryland 3 hours depending on traffic on I95.
But it also depends on what part of New Jersey it is in the state is very large with alot of areas. Do you have a zipcode?
Mcguiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
HokieKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lormax View Post
Forgive me, I don't have a clue as to driving times when it comes to the east coast. A trip to Jersey is being planned. How far is that from you guys?
Depending on how you go you might need to drive through NOVA to get to Jersey. Jersey is about two hours from here depending on what exit on the turnpike you are going to.

-jeff
__________________
2012 Fisker Karma
2012 BMW 5.0 X6
HokieKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
HokieKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcguiver View Post
From northern VA 4 hours depending on traffic on 495-I95
From Maryland 3 hours depending on traffic on I95.
But it also depends on what part of New Jersey it is in the state is very large with alot of areas. Do you have a zipcode?
Now that I think about it McG I think your times are a little more accurate than mine. I'm awful at guesstimating times....

Thanks.
-jeff
__________________
2012 Fisker Karma
2012 BMW 5.0 X6
HokieKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,171
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Default

I'd be heading into Sewell, NJ. There will be a lift there for my use, so makes it very convenient to get work done on the cars.
__________________
Factory Trained and Certified Fisker Tech, operating independently out of Southern California.

Owner of Fix The Karma LLC
http://www.fixthekarma.com
Lormax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mcguiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Catonsville Maryland
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieKarma View Post
Depending on how you go you might need to drive through NOVA to get to Jersey. Jersey is about two hours from here depending on what exit on the turnpike you are going to.

-jeff
So true unless its Newark right before the bridge to NY.
Mcguiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
HokieKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcguiver View Post
So true unless its Newark right before the bridge to NY.
Looks like Sewell is right outside Philly which is about 2.5 hours from DC. Looks like Lormax might go through Baltimore to get there. That's pretty close.

Lormax what time frame are you swinging by NJ??

We could talk routes and see if you are closer if you don't mind a small detour.

-jeff
__________________
2012 Fisker Karma
2012 BMW 5.0 X6
HokieKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Routine Maintenance Adarondax Fisker Karma 14 08-11-2013 03:43 AM
Service/Maintenance Eric Karma Fisker Karma 6 12-19-2012 08:12 PM
Any ideas for me? EVer1 Fisker Karma 5 06-26-2012 02:05 PM
Received my Eclips dune monotone In Virginia Nin ja Introductions 8 03-13-2012 10:30 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.