It's no "Glorious Leader" but Tristan just became my favorite ship - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Default It's no "Glorious Leader" but Tristan just became my favorite ship

According to the nice folks at Fisker, my car (-641) is loaded on the good ship Tristan and barring any U-Boat or Viking attacks, it will be getting to Newark on Dec. 21, along with a bunch of other Karmas, I would guess.

-- Fab.
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Default RE: It's no "Glorious Leader" but Tristan just became my favorite ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulist
According to the nice folks at Fisker, my car (-641) is loaded on the good ship Tristan and barring any U-Boat or Viking attacks, it will be getting to Newark on Dec. 21, along with a bunch of other Karmas, I would guess.

-- Fab.
If they're going to make their "1500 delivered" number it needs to have a whole lot of other Karmas.
ct-fiskerbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct-fiskerbuzz
Quote:

-- Fab.
If they're going to make their "1500 delivered" number it needs to have a whole lot of other Karmas.
Has ANYONE who ordered a Signature Edition got their car yet? I remember hearing that at least half the SE cars were to be delivered middle of November... Seems weird that no one has posted about their car if they have taken delivery.
Thebreadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebreadman
Has ANYONE who ordered a Signature Edition got their car yet? I remember hearing that at least half the SE cars were to be delivered middle of November... Seems weird that no one has posted about their car if they have taken delivery.
I am pretty sure that the membership of the forum represents a fairly small (but very significant ) portion of the deposit holders. The dealers or Fisker would have a more complete picture of the current state of deliveries, I would guess.

-- Fab.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Yeah, this was said a while back, but of the 3000 or whatever orders for the car, there are only around a dozen people here who post, so this forum is a pretty small sample.

-Brian
brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct-fiskerbuzz
Keep in mind that half of those 1500 Karmas are supposed to be delivered to European customers, but without certification they cannot get shipped.

I know Fisker wants to sell those cars badly, because a European sale brings in 28% more at 95,000 ($128,000). They probably make a profit on the European cars and a loss on the cars sold in the US that go for $28,000 less, even though transportation costs are higher and there could even be an import tax.

I really do not understand why this certification process has to take so long. It's probably bureaucracy. But I am convinced Fisker is partly to blame because they started the certification process so late. I've never ever heard of a car company that could not deliver finished cars because there was no certification yet.

It is really starting to annoy me (and no doubt many other European customers).

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
I am pretty sure that the membership of the forum represents a fairly small (but very significant ) portion of the deposit holders. The dealers or Fisker would have a more complete picture of the current state of deliveries, I would guess.

-- Fab.
I just checked with Fisker. NO customer has taken delivery of their car yet. For the first time, I started to sense disappointment in their voice.

So with 3 weeks to go in 2011, Ray Lane has a LOT of cars to deliver if he's going to meet his 1500 statement just last week.
Thebreadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just checked with Fisker. NO customer has taken delivery of their car yet. For the first time, I started to sense disappointment in their voice.

So with 3 weeks to go in 2011, Ray Lane has a LOT of cars to deliver if he's going to meet his 1500 statement just last week.
This seems odd since Fisker announced that they had started booking revenues from the sales back in October. And the 1500 is worldwide sales, so only about 800 - 900 of those have to be delivered to the US. Also, maybe there is a difference between "sale" and "delivery".

If they are shipping a couple of hundred cars a week, there is still time between now and the end of 2011 to deliver a fair number of cars, at least to the US East Coast customers. I think the window for delivering to the West Cost for 2011 is going to close when Tristan leaves port.

-- Fab.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Fab,

Customers should get their cars this week. On another note we have just posted some additional Quick Reference Guides in a Video format at www.youtube.com/karmaowners

Best regards,
David Harris
Fisker Automotive
DHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarris
Fab,

Customers should get their cars this week. On another note we have just posted some additional Quick Reference Guides in a Video format at www.youtube.com/karmaowners.

Best regards,
David Harris
Fisker Automotive
The "." at the end of the link is causing it not to work. Try this Link instead.

-- Fab.