Strange Display - Fisker Buzz Forums
Fisker Buzz Forums

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2017, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Default Strange Display

Hi Folks,
I started up my car this morning and had a strange display that I haven't come across before. I don't think I did anything different, but I must have hit a certain key combination I guess. Has anyone else seen this before? I wonder what other information is hidden in there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2968.jpg (175.5 KB, 41 views)
PNWkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWkarma View Post
Hi Folks,
I started up my car this morning and had a strange display that I haven't come across before. I don't think I did anything different, but I must have hit a certain key combination I guess. Has anyone else seen this before? I wonder what other information is hidden in there?
Wow, haven't seen that in a while. It's a system information screen that you can call up by pressing and holding the "System" button for about 10 seconds. That screen - along with some secret-decoder-ring magic - was one of the only ways to tell what version of software you were running back in the day. Here's a thread from 2012 that discusses it:

Mystery Status Screen
Old 05-15-2017, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Hey, thanks. I'm sure I didn't hold the button for 10 seconds, but maybe because it's so laggy it thought I had ��

I'm not sure what all the details on the various revisions are, but things seem pretty stable with those firmware versions, except: the solar function does not function (just displays an image from February), when using the USB connection with an iPhone it can cause a constant skip track forward after 1 second of play.
PNWkarma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2017, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWkarma View Post
Hey, thanks. I'm sure I didn't hold the button for 10 seconds, but maybe because it's so laggy it thought I had ��

I'm not sure what all the details on the various revisions are, but things seem pretty stable with those firmware versions, except: the solar function does not function (just displays an image from February), when using the USB connection with an iPhone it can cause a constant skip track forward after 1 second of play.
The solar production image is a static image and does not represent any actual data. I think it was just supposed to be a placeholder image until they got the solar display to work, which they never did.

You can actually get a sense of the solar production on the energy flow screen (the one with a drawing of the Karma on it). The squares on the roof of the Karma image light up as the solar panel is exposed to sunlight. The stronger the sunlight, the brighter the squares, but it's only an instantaneous readout.

Original owner of 2012 Eco Sport Black (Eclipse) with Monsoon Tritone Interior. VIN: -0641
Fabulist is offline   Reply With Quote